This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis

Will be starting Restasis today or tomorrow. Wondering how many drops anyone has gotten out of that vial. I am starting on twice a day but was curious if one vial could last two days and if it's ok to refrigerate overnight to stretch it for next day use? Any tips on handling the burn? I use Muro so I am ok with some burning but have heard the Restasis burn can be intense for some folks...

Thanks!
    Neve

restasis

Hi Everyone
    I posted this yesterday but didn't see it in the forum so wanted to post it again.
    Yesterday my doctor said that i should continue using Restasis even if it didn't appear to help because it will keep my glands from getting progressively worse.
    If i understood him, the inflammation from dryness itself causes the condition to worsen over time and restasis can stop that progression.

on the subject of restasis burning i was told to keep mine in the refrigerator and i think that does help a little. Also, i sometimes just keep my eyes closed for 20 minutes after i put restasis in and then after that i put in Bion Tears.
    Thanks, Betty

Originally posted by neve View Post
    Will be starting Restasis today or tomorrow. Wondering how many drops anyone has gotten out of that vial. I am starting on twice a day but was curious if one vial could last two days and if it's ok to refrigerate overnight to stretch it for next day use? Any tips on handling the burn? I use Muro so I am ok with some burning but have heard the Restasis burn can be intense for some folks...

Thanks!
    Neve

Comment

I use to discard the vial after one use like the directions say. Then my doctor said I could use the vial for the entire day. Now I use the vial until it is empty. I have increased my dosage from 2x day to 4 x day. I think the increase helps some. I did ask my doctor before I increased the amount. The restasis burns very little compared to some of my other drops. If my eyes really hurt Muro drops burn more than Restasis and Mucomyst always burns. Azisite (sp?) was the worse burn I ever felt, I could not continue to use it. Closing my eyes after putting the drops helps with the burning sensation. I don't know why.

Comment

I am officially done with azasite. Could not take it anymore. So tomorrow it's Restasis. Can the opened vial stay in the fridge overnight or will I just get 4 drops total out of one vial?

Comment

I usually get three uses out of each vial. I use it 2x a day. The first time I tried restasis my eyes felt amazing for the first week or so. I was so happy and I was sure restasis was the answer to it all. Then my eyes started burning and they went bright, bright red, so I had to stop.. I just couldn't take the pain.

I decided recently to give it another shot and I've now been on restasis for about a week. The first couple of days were horrible. My eyes were burning and I had to use eye drops every 30 min. But I didn't stop, and I must say that my eyes are much better now. I haven't seen any improvement, but at least my eyes aren't burning anymore... Well, maybe just a little more than usual. But nothing I can't handle.

Neve: I keep the restasis in the fridge overnight

Comment

Sometimes I get a burning sensation from Restasis, but it is not that bad compared to other medications. I use to throw the vial way after one use, now I keep it until it is empty. I don't refrigerate it. I do keep it in a Ziploc bag. I often take it with me and keep it in my pocket or purse as I now use it up to 4x daily. Sometimes my eyes actually feel moist; which I can hardly believe, but my eyes still burn even though they feel moist. But I think moist is a start.

Comment

If I do hot compresses in the am followed by restasis, my eyes will burn all day... I wonder why this is. Anyway, I hope it's enough to do the compresses at night as I can't deal with the pain.
              Last edited by Leelah; 09-Sep-2011, 06:46.

Comment

Honestly, I don't even think the hot compresses help me.

Comment

Restasis

I was on Restasis for almost three years. It burned at first, but got better after awhile. I used one vial/day. I'm not sure it hurt or helped me at all. It is very expensive. My doctor took me off it.

I had probing and surgery. That worked. Nuf said.

Comment

Hi Trac,

Restasis comes in tubes, the most is 24hrs. When comes to eyes, not worth risking it.

I am using 4 x per day, one tube per day.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrodrops View Post
                      Hi Trac,

Restasis comes in tubes, the most is 24hrs. When comes to eyes, not worth risking it.
                      Hi Nitrodrops -
                      I am using 4 x per day, one tube per day.
                      I received sample vials (8) and am supposed to take 2X/daily. Would you not refrigerate overnight? Too risky? From the looks of them, no way to re-cap or anything like that... I was hoping to get as much as possible out of each vial...but don't want to cause myself more problems, so, not to refrigerate overnight?

Comment

I always re-cap mine and I keep them in the fridge overnight..

Comment

Working...
                        X