X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis vs. Refresh Endura

hi everyone,

I've been using Restasis for about 9 weeks now and it seems like it may have helped a wee bit, but I'm not absolutely sure, since there's always been some fluctuation and other factors involved (like weather). I stumbled across something on the net which suggested that something called Refresh Endura has a very similar ingredient list compared to Restasis, minus the cyclosporine, but I can't find it online anywhere. Is it going under a different name?
    When you read the fine print about Restasis they state that a mere 15% of people studied got a benefit from it compared to 5% using drops w/no cyclosporine. I'd like to do a comparison using one in each eye...I'm really curious to know if it's the med or the carrier. I'm grateful for any relief but it's an expensive & potent drug to be using without knowing the underlying cause of my dry eye (I have other health problems too and no diagnosis yet).I already gave one eye a week's head start w/the restasis but they seem the same, don't know if this means anything.
    Any tips on finding Refresh Endura would be welcome.

Hi there -

Unfortuanately Refresh Endura was discontinued a few years ago. (I used to use and love it.) Restasis and Endura both included castor oil in their ingredients. There are not any preservative-free drops that contain oil out now. Systane Balance is a nice bottle drop though that contains mineral oil if you need a drop that helps replace your lipid layer. Hth!

Comment

Refresh Endura is still available in Canadian drug stores. I don't know if there are any that sell on-line, but that might be a may to order it. I use it from time to time and find it soothing. I sure wish Systane Balance was available in single unit doses (PF)!

Comment

When the restasis was prescribed to you, did they tell you why?

regards,

Ahmed.

Comment

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

Chemia: I tried that link and $39 is waaay less expensive than what I've paid for Restasis, so I'll give it a try!

Ahmed: Restasis was prescribed because OTC drops don't do much for me, nor did the Alrex (which is only short-term anyway since it is a steroid of sorts) or the punctal plug (it's helped a little though....might try one in the other eye so I can do a more even comparison with drops). I think with many doctors there's a standard protocol of what to try in what order regardless of what your underlying problem might be, and restasis was next in line. I know I'm aqueous deficient and I think oil-deficient, too, since I can't get any oil out of my lids, but I'm not inflamed, don't have blepharitis, warm compresses never helped....just don't see any oil when I squeeze my glands. And back when I had normal tear production when crying (no longer do) I still felt dry and burny later.
          Sorry to ramble....thanks again everyone.

Comment

price of box of Refresh Endura

I was in a drug store yesterday in Victoria BC and saw Refresh Endura on the shelf. The box of 20 vials was priced $16.99 CDN.

As was noted above, Refresh Endura is a preservative-free castor oil drop... it's basically Restasis without cyclosporine.

Comment

Good Evening to all =') Someone can tell me where can I buy AzaSite online for a good price and without a prescription?

Thanks in advance buddies.

Kind Regards,
              Luís

Comment

Working...
              X