This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyclosporine 0.05% vs 0.1%

i had used restasis before a few years for less than 20days.It was burning me like anything those days..so stopped it very much early.
    I found some impprovement in tear production after a year ot 2...(as they say it shows effect after 6/12 months of use).
    Then i started again Cycloimmune 0.05% cyclosporine drops.It still burns me a little so i made way for it by using it just before i sleep.
    It was not showing any significant effect.i was using it for more than 3 months.

Then just before 2 weeks im shifted to Cycloimmune 0.1% formulation(prev i used 0.05%).continued using it only at night before i sleep.
    I found significant relief the follwing day from day1!!!
    And till now im using it every night and i can feel my eyes are wet now.

Its been only 2 weeks on it though.I assume its the 0.1% formulation which is making the impact.(2 weeks time is not sufficient to come to a concrete conclusion)

If anyone observed the same with them?do post here. those who have used both 0.05 and 0.1% formulations
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

I am a new user.

Can you tell me where to get Restasis 0.1 % formulation? It's not available in Canada. I was using Restasis 0.05% drop with BOTH upper and lower plugs and there was definitely improvement in about 12 - 13 weeks. My doctor then removed the upper plugs for me but I was still using Restasis in the last 3 months, my dry eye condition gets worse and now I'm thinking EITHER to insert the upper plugs again, or to take a higher concentration 0.1% fomulation?

Second question: Has anyone used Restasis with plugs on? It worked for me. It was ONLY when I remove the plugs that the condition gets worse. Seems like the plugs increased the overall effectiveness of Restasis!

Comment

Well you can probably discuss with ur doc regarding 0.10% drops and he would prescribe it for u.Its better to consult a doctor before taking higher concentration as each case is different.

If the doctor is insisting for plugs, and if you feel to spend on it for relief then go for it.I have my punctums cauterized(same thing as plugs).I had cauterry in 2008,2010,2012.if your dry eye is evaporative type, where tears evaporate quicker than normal, then plugs would definitely help.
      There seems to be no harm using restasis on closed punctums.

Comment

BTW im in India and here we get a cheaper cyclosporine option for restasis drops, which is CYCLOIMMUNE.The bottle costs about 5$ and lasts for a month or more used daily once.

Comment

Thanks so much for the info. SO did your situation improve after you have your punctums cauterized, but you still need to use 0.10 solution on a daily basis 2 times a day?

Comment

Working...
          X