This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis-Strange Side Effect

I've had to stop/start Restasis a number of times as it seems to make me feel sick. I feel weak and achy with slight chills. Yet it never turns into a full-blown cold or virus. This doesn't fall into any of the listed side effects for Restasis. The only listed side effect I get is minor burning.

Anyone else experience the same thing? Thanks!!

icenet YES, I don't get sick like you do when using Restasis, well I don't think so. But I do experience what you call minor burning and I call dry-eye, a kind of a burning sensetion that makes blinking useless. I never had any of this until I started using Restasis. The directions say to use it twice a day 12 hours apart. After doing this for a about 2 or 3 months without any change (meaning anything that I could call improvement), I began to test the results by using the drops only once a day. What I found out is that I could spend at least half a day(12 hours) in peace, no dry eyes causing me to blink needlessly. Now and for the last two weeks I stopped using Rastasis all together without asking the doctor. In other words, I'm back to normal, using instead Refresh drops so as not to feel neglectful. I will mention this to my eye doctor on my next appointment.

Comment

Working...
    X