This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I start using Restasis?

I'm new here. 25-year-old male. My insurance just approved Restasis for me. My previous eye doctor told me I could reuse the vials twice. I had a different doctor prescribe the Restasis for me, though, and I forgot to ask her opinion. I'm prone to getting eye allergies in my eyes and need to be put on drops when I get them.

Because of this - and I will ask my doctor's opinion but she's not back until 3/19 - but from your experience with Restasis, do you think I should only use it like it says - two vials daily?

My eye doctor also acted like it was surpising that I was so young having eyes as dry as I do.

Thank you

I was 26 when I first went to a doctor for dry eye. The elderly are more prone to dry eye but sadly, you aren't as unusual as your doctor's impression implies.

A lot of people on here re-use their Restasis vials. It may or may not work for you, depending on your sensitivities and how you handle the vials. If you choose to re-use:
    - Make sure you never touch the applicator tip to your eye, lashes or handle with fingers; if in doubt, throw it out.
    - Refrigeration can help slow bacterial growth; many people store opened vials, upright, in a shot glass in the fridge. Before I used compounded Restasis, I did this although when traveling, I frequently didn't refrigerate my open vial and was fine. My compounded Restasis is to be kept in the fridge for the duration of the bottle's usefulness, about 30 days.

Comment

I agree with PotatoCakes 100%. I have even used 1 vial for 2 days and experienced no problems. However, everyone is different so monitor how your eyes feel. My doctor has told me several times that using 1 vial per day is absolutely ok to do. By the way, I was 21 when I first started experiencing dry eyes, so its not common but unfortunately it happens.

Comment

Working...
      X