This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis questions.. should i wait to use drops after using restasis

my eyes are so bone dry its really hard to wait 15 minutes after using restasis before applying rewetting drops.. are you really supposed to wait 15 minutes and also are you supposed to refrigerate restasis after opening if you are going to use the vial more than 1 time???
    thanks!!
    Jenny

There are no official rules as to how to store opened vials of Restasis. However, if you keep the vial you're using in the fridge it might make the Restasis less irritating when you use it, plus the cold temperature will slow microbial growth if you unknowingly contaminate the vial.

The 15 minute wait is to allow the Restasis more contact time with your eyeball to do it's thing... if you use rewetting drops too soon after instilling the Restasis, you'll be rinsing the Restasis out of your eyes faster.

Comment

maybe now the restasis will work better if i use it correctly.. lol.
      i messagedu back. thanks!!
      Jenny

Comment

It's worth a try! Crossing my fingers for you!

Comment

If you're having real problems with the Restasis, try putting artificial tears in a half hour or so before you put the Restasis in. That might make it easier to tolerate. Also, are you keeping your eyes closed for two minutes after you put drops in? I found that really helped me.

Comment

Working...
          X