This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
    Magalvin - Some people get results fairly quickly, others can take up to 6-12 months according to my doctor. At some point, it's tough to know what to do since Restasis only works for approximately 15% of people with dry eye.
    At one time, it worked for me but I can't tell now, if it does or not. My eyes are very dry but would they be drier without the Restasis? I'm afraid to find out so I continue taking it even though it seems like it's not helping.
    I requested and read the monograph (some 28 pages) on Restasis. Restasis works best for people who have mild to moderate dry eye. It may not work for people who have severe dry eye. (according to the DEW classification Stage 4 Dry eye patients)

Warningo not stop Restasis suddenly. I learnt a lesson the hard way. I stopped using Restasis after two weeks as it was burning my eyes terribly. (could not work on the computer!!) I only had very MILD dry eye symptoms before, I could watch a movie without the need of drops) After I stopped Restasis, my eye condition deteriorated so fast I was in a panic!!! I went to acupuncturists, naturopaths, and 3 opthalmologists and I also put in upper and lower plugs but only helped a little, finally I had to go back to Restasis and it did show improvement after 13 weeks (2 times a day). My eyes were actually wet!

The sad things is, after 13 weeks I took the upper plugs out upon consulting my doctor. And then my dry eye condition came back. So I am considering to put the upper plugs back in OR increase the dosage to 3 times/day?? My concern is: if I increase the dosage, I may need to depend on this expensive drug for the rest of my life.

Has anyone stopped using Restasis after a while and are doing fine??

Comment

Excuse my silly question. But how do you put the cap back on once you twist it open?

Comment

If you look at the cap you twisted off, it has a hole in it. Practice with one you will toss, if necessary, so you don't mess up a new vial. Push the vial portion into the hole in the cap. It should work pretty easily; you may need to twist slightly to get it in.

Comment

Thank you. Thank you! I tried and it worked

Comment

Originally posted by magalvin View Post
            How long did it take for you to start seeing results? I haven't had the side affects of the instant burning sensation, but after a bit my eyes to get tired and burn a little when I close them...but so far nothing too bad or horrible like I've read.
            After about 6 weeks I realized that I had gone from putting lubricating drops in about every 15 minutes, to sometimes making it through the entire day, with only the Restasis in the morning and evening. My eyes are at their worst when I wake up. I give them a hot compress for a couple of minutes, then put the Restasis in. I get a little bit of moderate stinging for several minutes but it is more than compensated for by the joy of a day without feeling like I want to claw my eyes out. I repeat the compress and drops in the evening. If I do a lot of computer work, or am exposed to a breeze (such as having the heater blasting in the car) I use a few drops of Thera Tears. I am pretty rigorous with the Restasis schedule before I've found that my eyes backslide very quickly if I miss a dose.

Comment

My doctor said to use the vial for two days. He tells all of his patients that and no problems have been reported.. Just don't touch the tip to your eye..

Comment

Originally posted by magalvin View Post
                How long did it take for you to start seeing results? I haven't had the side affects of the instant burning sensation, but after a bit my eyes to get tired and burn a little when I close them...but so far nothing too bad or horrible like I've read.
                I'v been on Restasis for two days (one drop in each eye twice a day), and my "side effects" are siimilar as yours. Kind of soft burning feeling mainly when I close my eyes. But for whom is used to the pain and burning feeling of DES, it is no big deal.

In the instruction says to keep it between 15șC and 30șC, so I don't know if I should keep the opened vial in the fridge. If it should not be under 15șC, what should people who lives under 15șC do?

Comment

I don't keep mine in the fridge I keep it on a shelf in the bathroom and I live where it is at times under 15C but mercifully we have heat in the house

Comment

Working...
                  X