X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis/Anti-biotic Questions

Hey everyone!
    So tomorrow I go back to my ophthalmologist for a check-up after using Lotemax for one month..weird thing is my left eye out of the blue is completely normal? I mean like how my eyes used to feel before the dry eye. I know this sounds silly but I think one eye is cured? My right one still sucks and is inflammed on most days. I am going to discuss more long term solutions with him tomorrow such as maybe Restasis or antibiotics to get the inflammation in my right eye down...

Before I go spending a million dollars on this stuff..does ANYONE have success stories with it? At this point i'll try anything! I appreciate any replys

Hi
    Well i do not want to disappoint u, but my experience with lotemax(or any other steroid eye drops) is like it gives temporary relief.When u r using it, u feel like over the moon with less photo sensitivity and no pain etc...we feel we got cured...but when u stop the drops, after a week or so it will be the same old story back again...also we cannot use lotemax more frequemtly due to its side effects...so have to stop sooner or later.

Restasis, yes it works for some people , does not work for others...it works for me...just for ur information, restasis 0.05% concentrated drops did not hel pme much...i mean i cudnt see its effects in smaller duration of time...but when i used 0.10% concentrated drops it worked great for me right from the day i started it.The good thing with restasis is u can use it for long term unlike lotemax drops...but restasis tends to burt and sting to majority of patients..the degree of tolerance depends patient to patient...it burned me a lot but i m using it once a day, right before i sleep///so that it cannot bother me much.

Antibiotics also r used for short term for infections...lotemax increases risk of infection if used longer...so doc might have prescribed u antibiotic to be used with lotemax drops.

Wish u luck for accurate diagnosis and medications.
    Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

hey!
      thanks so much for the reply! I appreciate you helping me I know what you mean about the steriods.. they feel amazing lol...no steriod has brought up my pressures so far, but he will check my pressure tomorrow morning. I have heard lots of good things about the higher concentration..maybe ill ask for it right away (although he will prob not give it to me) He told me it was safe for me to be on a steriod as long as he was monitoring me on a monthly basis. I will let you know how the Restasis goes... and maybe you can help me through the first few weeks lol ..I heard they are bad. Have you ever read "The Dry Eye Remedy" by Dr. Latkany? There is a chapter on Restasis and how it helped a woman "make her eyes white again." I hope this story is true...but I'm sure he got some money from the drug company to call it a "wonder drug" in his book...lol hopefully its a wonder drug for me!

Comment

well the problem with restasis is that it does not work on all patients..mainly due to various type of dry eyes...some has evaporative dry eyes...where tear evaporates so quickly...here restasis might not work that well...those who has lacrimal gland inflammation would get help...like me..
        I have noticed after using cyclosporine drops, my eyes tend to feel more soothing and i can feel my eyes are wet...i get overflow of wetness.But another noticable thing is... my facial swelling also disappears on the days im on cyclosporine.U might know patients with sjogrens syndrome has enlarged glands near cheeks...so my cheeks really look so huge...but cyclosporine (0.10%) controlled it..
        http://www.google.co.in/search?oe=ut...I8jHrQfp0u3VDQ this is how the sjogren patients glands inflams and looks so bad.

I would not think anyone taking money to promote restasis... unfortunately it is the only drug claimed to cure dry eyes.Also keep in mind, they say it takes 6 to 12 months to see some improvements for restasis and i would agree to it.So its not a magic drug like lotemax...which would start working from day1 itself...need a lot of patience and tolerance!!PM me if u have questions during ur restasis regime
        Really need to be a ROCK to take the pain!

Comment

Working...
        X