Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporin -which formulation?

http://www.leiterrx.com/pharmacy
    Ocular rosacea, teenager, trying to get off chronic steroid eyedrop use (4y). Tapering in remission, back up to 3/day in flareup.

Happy on chronic blepharitis treatments: warm compress, fishoils, clean nutritious diet. Well maintained on plenty saline eyedrops, minimum antibacterial drops as needed, but dry + desensitised due to long-term MGD and surface changes. Despite being well controlled on topical antibacterials, the skin suddenly flares up according to various systemic triggers into periorificial rosacea and the eyes are damaged again.

The main problem seems to be inflammation - eyelid glands and surface. Reactive to oral antibiotics. Keen to reduce chemicals on eyes as rosacea hypersensitivity is increasing.

UK only has Optimmune, cyclosporin 0.2% with petrolatum base, yet more unnecessary chemicals.

Has anyone worldwide tried different formulations of Restasis and found them better or worse? I'm thinking of the base as much as the strength.
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

I was given by a famous Leeds Hospital 'Cyclosporene Dog Oitment 2% made by Schering Plough. It worked wonders for me. When I got the packet I took it back and said a mistake had been made, I was told it was correct and to use it. It worked a treat. It was the first relief I had had in years, Just for curiosity will you look up on You Tube the: Mastriota Spoon, or the MGD Spoon. This video shows what we are up against. Cyclosporene as you know is for the MGD gland inflammation. When your glands are bursting with gunk and cheese thats when the pain and twiching starts and prompts you to check each morning whilst your in bed how your eyes feel, and leading on from this to question how they are going to behave today!.

Comment

Thanks v much for your reply, AprilShowers - just got the dog/horse ointment from Moorfields but we're holding off while she's in flareup, then we'll maybe give it a go in remission subject to doc advice. Really pleased to hear it's got your MGD inflammation under control, though. Really pleased. Do you still have blepharospasm though? I'm from Bradford, by the way. So, how long have you been using it, and how often now? Did you have to take steroid before you got the vet stuff?
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
      X