Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .5% cyclosporine in aqueous solution???

just curious if anyone has tried a .5% compounded cyclosporine in aqueous solution? i used to use .2% but it was in corn oil and my doc said he thougth the corn oil irritated my eyes..
    now i just found out they make up toa .5% in an aqueous solution.. has anyone tried this and if so has it helped their dry eye??
    Jenny

Hi Jenny, any luck finding this? I'd love to know if it was available. The base used for cyclosporine is the main reason I haven't tried it yet .
    The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

Hi Jenny and Suil Eile - Yes please, I am desperate to find out more about cyclosporine formulations. Isn't an aqueous base better for sensitivities? Then if a viscous eyedrop is needed, use something else that's been good ongoing?

On 0.05% versus 0.2%, see Hirentherock's posts in India. I think he went into cataract surgery with a very difficult surface maintained on cyclosporine 0.2% whereas 0.05% didn't touch the inflammation previously, but these things will be personal.

Allergan http://www.restasis.com

I'm looking at Leiter's Pharmacy http://www.leiterrx.com/pharmacy/Price.pdf and thinking about going for a US Rx unless anyone has a better idea. This is specifically to wean off chronic steroid eyedrops controlling ocular rosacea flareups, used in parallel while steroid is tapered, with Moorfields advice. That's one plan, anyway.
      Last edited by littlemermaid; 13-Jun-2012, 06:50.
      Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Hi - I've just been prescribed cyclosporine in oil by Moorfields however my consultant (Prof Dart) stated not many can tolerate it. I asked him whether that was the dosage of cyclosporine or the oil and he stated it was the oil and that Moorfileds were producing a new version thouight to be better tolerated. I tried the oil based one and it irritated like crazy so have asked when the new formulation will be avail -yet to get a response.
        The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Moorfileds were producing a new version thouight to be better tolerated
          Thanks v much once again, EllMitcho - time to give Moorfields pharmacy a call, we need them to crack on with their formulations. Did JD give you the Optimmune ointment in the white petrolatum base?
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post
            Thanks v much once again, EllMitcho - time to give Moorfields pharmacy a call, we need them to crack on with their formulations. Did JD give you the Optimmune ointment in the white petrolatum base?
            Yes he did give me Optimune - the dog stuff (woof!)

It seems to help to be honest I wake up with greasy eyes rather than dry, I'm on Restasis and Optimune now and seem to be doing ok.

I'm wary however as Restasis really helped me last time I used it but onmly for 3 weeks then back to square 1. Not sure how common this relapse is?

If you get any news from Moorfields please let us know and I'll do the same

gtg walkies! (woof)
            The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Working...
            X