This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Restasis Question!

So I finished using up my first box of Restasis yesterday.
    I have used Restasis before and wasn't able to tolerate it very well, so I took maybe a couple months break from it and restarted.
    The second time around I have felt I have been able to tolerate it much better. There have been days where it irritates them with maybe my 2nd or 3rd round of drops; but overall I haven't had problems with it.

But today, when I opened up my new box of Restasis and did my first round, I felt stinging as soon as I put the drops in my eyes and my eyes are slightly irritated.... I usually DONT experience these two things anymore.

Is it just because it's a new box and hasn't been "exposed" to the enviroment? I know its sealed off with that foil and I wonder if the Restasis is more "potent" once we first open the box?

I've been on Restasis for years, both compounded and the regular, commercial kind. I haven't found any huge difference with new boxes but I have found that season changes, climate, etc can all impact how my eyes are feeling and if they are more sensitive that day or week, I'm a lot more prone to stinging.

Comment

restasis

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
      I've been on Restasis for years, both compounded and the regular, commercial kind. I haven't found any huge difference with new boxes but I have found that season changes, climate, etc can all impact how my eyes are feeling and if they are more sensitive that day or week, I'm a lot more prone to stinging.
      Have you had any tinnnitus or hearing loss on restasis? When I researched restasis on google, there was an assocication with hearing loss in women. I have been on restasis for 2 years, and discontinued due to tinnitus.

Comment

I've not had a problem with either although when I was a kid I would have fleeting episodes of tinnitus; I was not taking Restasis at that time though.

Comment

Working...
        X