No announcement yet.

Still on Restasis - doing GREAT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trevor how long before restasis worked for you? I am almost 4 months no relief at all and wondering if i shouldn stay on. thank you and glad you are doing well now!

Comment

VinO,

Stay on. It can take a very long time...a year, maybe longer. I do not speak from experience, but will one day give Restasis the long stretch it deserves.

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Restasis and dizziness?

okay i will stay on a couple more months and then will be at 6 months and then maybe quit. Have you not tried it Dianat? I am wondering if Crispen saw results at 7 momths or had some results before that? At 4mo i have no results, thought by now I would have thought i would have had some at least cuz they say that at 3 months you get most benefit and full benefit at 6. I Worry because I read a lot about ppl not getting better with R. I read too that Crispens dry eyes were mild, unless I was mistaken, and that too could be why it is working better for him?

And there is a theory that restasis in the eyes can get into the inner ear. The optha says no way but a PHD who does research on hearing loss says it can. One momth after the restasis i saw a chiropractor and i left his office nauseaus and dizzy, 10 weeks later I am still this way. I wonder if his neck and back adjustment could have caused the restasis to enter my ear and thus cause the endolymphatic hydrops the inner ear doc saw? Because when the upper neck is adjusted, it is where your brain stem is and that controls everything in your body. If misadjusted one can develop hearing loss, vertigo, paralaysis, strokes that may or may not kill you, blindess and so forth. This is scary stuff. i wear plugs too and it stays on my eyes longer (which one would think would make the restasis work quicker perhaps?) the restasis says in rare cases it can cause dizziness. So where would it come from if not the inner ear?

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Vicki In Oregon
          the restasis says in rare cases it can cause dizziness. So where would it come from if not the inner ear?
          I dunno' about WOULD, but COULD....

If something induces blurry vision, that in itself COULD cause dizziness....

Comment

Thanks Neil. But even when I am not blurry I am nauseated 24/7 so that is why I wondered about its affect on the inner ear. A doctor mentioned it once somewhere but my doctors say no way is it possible for the restasis to enter the ears. Also, Raj here said he was using doxy drops which he thinks caused tinnitus which went away when he stopped it.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...light=tinnitus

Comment

Vicki, I have read somewhere about nerve pathways connecting visual responses with the stomach (sorry, I don't have links). You are having so much pain with your eye troubles, that maybe it is producing a stomach response, too.

Just an opinion, but I doubt the Restasis got to the inner ear.

The dizziness: Using general Troubleshooting Methods, one looks at the last "thing" that was changed before the trouble began. Perhaps something that the chiropractor did changed the fluid position in your inner ear.

Also, someone else's experience with tinnitus and doxy does not necessarily equate with vertigo/inner ear and Restasis.

A side note: this reminds me of a passage in a book by Barbara Kingsolver, called "Prodigal Summer" (fiction). One of the characters suffered from debilitating vertigo, and was eventually helped by a neighbor who knew a technique involving tipping and turning the head in a certain sequence. This moved the inner fluid away from the eardrum (or wherever it was causing the problem), and relieved the vertigo.

C66

Comment

Restasis in CANADA

Stay on the Restasis...if you are going to give it a chance, go all the way....
                Death to Dry Eye!

Comment

Thansk Cali and Crispen. Crispen how long were you on Restasis? Does Restasis work on severely dry eyes? I heard from a dry eye researcher the Restasis was made for women with Sjorgens initially. But not enough people get better on it it seems.

Comment

According to the original post in this thread, Crispen has been on Restasis for about nine months.

Hope that helps...

Comment

oh i missed that sorry. my eyes killing me i dont read things thouroughly as I normally would. I actually looked again and it said 7 months but maybe since then 2 more. I assume it was then at 7 momths he saw a difference. I thought impovmenent would be gradual but maybe it is more sudden i dont know? Because for me at 4 months almost I cant say my condition as at all improved. I am still hopeful though.

Comment

Working...
                      X