This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis reduces eye size?

I know Restasis decreases inflammation, and therefore, could reduce swelling resulted from inflammation. But my eyes look smaller than what my normal eyes used to be before all this dry eye started. It is just not me. Few days back my friend pointed out that my eyes look very small. Has anyone else experienced this?

Sorry had to post it again in the open forum.

no i havent .i have large eyes.. and have been on restasis for over 6 years. hmmmm.. hope someone else can help. i would def address this w/ your eye doc.
    Jenny

Comment

yes i will bring this up at my next visit.

Comment

i am assumming you are female?? i ask because i just thought maybe you stopped wearing eyemakeup,,, eye cream switch?? etc... i know when i dont wear eye makeup (whic is 90% of the time) my eyes do look smaller because i was so used to wearing the eyeliner and mascara... plus i switched eye creams and a lot of time use refresh pm as an eye cream which looks greasy but my lower lids get so dry from compresses... i dont know.. ?? have u looked at pics of yourself??? are your lids maybe more swollen so your eyes look smaller?? i am totally just throwing stuff out there... keep me posted as to what ur doc says.. i know when i flared up with the severe dry eye all of a sudden i started noticing that my left eye is shaped a bit differently than the right-the lid that is --well its been like that my whole life.. most people are asymmetrical... but i didnt notice until i started messing w/ my eyes..
        Jenny

Comment

Hahaha, no I am a guy. Thanks though for your thoughts. I will let you know what is going on with my eyes.

Comment

whoops..sorry..
            Jenny

Comment

Nope, mine look the same

Comment

I've been on and off of it for years (mostly on), both commercial Restasis and compounded from Leiter's and haven't seen a change in my eye size -- sadly, not in my tear film in recent years either, although I stay on it in case it's helping even a tiny bit. It's it possible due to the dryness, that you are keeping your eyes slightly closed and it's giving the impression of smaller eyes?

Comment

No actually I feel better when I am using restasis. So I think it is not related to dryness.

Comment

Working...
                  X