X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are u doing post lipiflow? Dog2012

Comment

I dont think it was about bashing people... person just openly expressed it is own opinion..it is just straight talk and not BS ..the same way we talk in Russia ..i hate all those political correctness..just say as it is

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      [Playground monitor comments]

Anyone found bashing people over the head with their good intentions and superior information needs to go re-read the FORUM POLICY. Re-reading the part about etiquette several times could be distinctly helpful.

When sharing opinions and 'information', confidence in one's good intentions isn't enough to make one's participation helpful (or desirable). A dash of humility, a generous share of good judgment, several shakes of kindness, a smidgen of common sense and oh even some traces of willingness to listen carefully help a lot in shaping the character of the forum. Many thanks to those who routinely indulge in such recipes.

[/end lecture]
      Last edited by Dog2012; 24-Aug-2013, 07:57.

Comment

You know.. frankly it is helped . I would advocate people try this procedure...for how long will it last well will see.
        People try serum 100 % eye drops it helps...check with your doctors to increase testosterone level that helps too.:}

Comment

Glad the lipiflow helped you. Still doing compresses? Are you on testosterone cream topically? Or is it an oral supplement?

I'm considering IPL as well as lipiflow. I think dr Tooma in Newport does both have you seen him by chance?

Comment

Are you still using testosterone, Dog2012? Does it affect your behaviour?
            Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Nop...compresses aren't a good idea ..eyes will be red like you just had some Vodka :]..inflammation problem and so on... sitting next to very hot ruining shower with closing bathcompartment and stem eyes is the way to go..I did testosterone injections before worked wonder..because once again just systematic not local treatment works !! Now i use a great supplements almost with the same result..this supplement also gives me great energy and mood..that helps indirectly with eyes as well...I will check that doctor ..one think for sure i will not do IPL..i did that a few times in the past ..was a wasting money for me...

Originally posted by patientpatrick View Post
              Glad the lipiflow helped you. Still doing compresses? Are you on testosterone cream topically? Or is it an oral supplement?

I'm considering IPL as well as lipiflow. I think dr Tooma in Newport does both have you seen him by chance?
              Last edited by Dog2012; 24-Aug-2013, 07:51.

Comment

My behavior is great ..unless some one gets in my hair ..Testosterone booster helped with recovery after Lipiflow..more then steroid eye drops..Also i got good promising info about Luteolin will try today..

Comment

So what oral supplements are you taking now, Dog2012?

Good success for Marty with 4 plugs and Restasis - really great, especially considering how he was last year

Comment

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post

Good success for Marty with 4 plugs and Restasis - really great, especially considering how he was last year
                    Still getting better!

It took me about 5 months to feel kinda-normal. Still improving though.
                    32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

I know that a lot of our people on this forum are females ..so i asked a few of my females friends with dry eyes to try this supplement..give me please a few weeks and i will report back with better info.

Originally posted by littlemermaid View Post

Comment

Thank you, Dog2012 ~ we are all looking for hope and successful treatment. Just thinking about this excellent and innovative support Forum, Rebecca is strong on good manners and not hurting other people - we have all been through too much pain and fear already and we want mutual kind and considerate support. I am very afraid of saying something here that caused somebody harm. This does mean speaking the truth as we see it, as you say, but it's not possible to know the whole story for other people's various conditions and treatments. My dream would be that patients and scientists and doctors get together to work on treatments and discovering aetiologies without preconceptions.

Here we see people who have been through hell taking the trouble to post up successful treatment plans they have worked out with their docs with the only intention of helping others who are suffering and giving them hope, even when computer time is limited by eye pain
                        Last edited by littlemermaid; 26-Aug-2013, 03:26.

Comment

When I was originally on Restasis about 4 years ago, my opthalmologist prescribed one drop each eye twice per day...period. He never explained that Restasis is more than just 'eye drops' that help dry eye symptoms. I used it for a limited time; decided that it diden't work and never went back. Now, through my own research, I found that Restasis IS Cyclosporin, which helps regenerate corneal nerves, which some experts believe is the root cause of dry eye / Blepharitis. I'm back on Restasis (I asked my Opthalmologist for a prescription) and I intend to complete my regimin. Apparently, most Opthalmologists just treat symptoms and not the root cause (corneal nerve neuropathy).

Regards,
                          rppnj

Comment

Originally posted by rppnj View Post
                            When I was originally on Restasis about 4 years ago, my opthalmologist prescribed one drop each eye twice per day...period. He never explained that Restasis is more than just 'eye drops' that help dry eye symptoms. I used it for a limited time; decided that it diden't work and never went back. Now, through my own research, I found that Restasis IS Cyclosporin, which helps regenerate corneal nerves, which some experts believe is the root cause of dry eye / Blepharitis. I'm back on Restasis (I asked my Opthalmologist for a prescription) and I intend to complete my regimin. Apparently, most Opthalmologists just treat symptoms and not the root cause (corneal nerve neuropathy).

Regards,
                            rppnj

Did you have refractive surgery rppnj? Does corneal nerve neuropathy occur w/o the severing or ablation of nerves? I've been on restasis for 11 months and my aquaeuos production has actually decreased according to my schrimer scores. I'm also quadraplugged.

P

Comment

Working...
                            X