Restasis survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis survey

Just want to ask has any one with lacrimal gland deficiency dry eye tried restasis and experienced relief? It seems that in the real world people are not experiencing the great relief that was projected in the studies. Just wanted to know if it was even worth a try?

REDEYES

Restasis did not help me and it burned. Still, Redeyes, know that everything is worth trying. It is. Some people have had success with it. I know a woman up the street from me you swears by it. She's not a LASIK patient...but a dry eye sufferer like yourself. There have been others over the years who have had success with it.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Restasis

I've been on Restasis for about a year-and-a-half. I had Lasik in August of 2001 with severe dry eyes as a result. My eyes are probably the best they've been since the surgery. Although it IS hard to say definitively that it is the Restasis that is making the difference since I also use Dr. Holly's drops, take BioTears capsules, and have plugs. The test would be to stop using Restasis to see if there is a difference, but I'm hesitant to do that since it takes approx. six months to get into one's system, and I would hate to have to go through the dry eye agony again. By the way, I've never had the severe burning that others say Restasis has caused them.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEYES
        Just want to ask has any one with lacrimal gland deficiency dry eye tried restasis and experienced relief? It seems that in the real world people are not experiencing the great relief that was projected in the studies. Just wanted to know if it was even worth a try?

REDEYES
        Hi Redeyes,

You might want to do a search on Restasis as there has been quite a bit of discussion of it in other forums.

I'm continuing to get mixed reports from both doctors and patients about it.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Restasis

Restasis did an excellent job for me.

Until I started the drug, my eyelids were constantly inflammed and my meibomian glands were blocked on a regular basis. After three months on the drug the inflammation of the lids ceased to exist. I am on that drug now for half a year and my lidmargins look as great as they used to before I got DES.
          For about two months now I have not seen a single clogged gland and TBUT is up from 2 to 3 secs to 4 secs...

I do not experience any side effects - in fact, the drops feel quite refreshing!
          Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Comment

I have been using Restasis since October, and I love it! It is by far the best eye drop I have tried. I take twice the recommended dosage, and I very rarely experience any burning at all. In fact, about 98% of the time it makes my eyes feel cool and resfreshing, and it actually seems to help REDUCE the burning in my eyes for a while. I don't want to jinx myself, but although I still have horrible symptoms, I think it has helped me a little bit.
            -Amy

Comment

Restasis, terrible burning sensation

Hi all! For those of you that the restasis worked for, I am VERY happy for you! Unfortunately for me, like some other people I read about, the Restasis made my eye red i mean beet red and BURN all day! It was terrible. I tried to get my eye in a more stable condition and then tried it again, same thing happened, not worth it to me! But, all of our eyes are different. I got my dry eye from Stevens Johnson Syndrome, I don't know if it has anything to do with what happens with the body or?

Good luck to all

Comment

Restasis

I couldn't use the Restasis either. It burned from the minute I put it in until the moment when I had to put it in again in the evening. I just couldn't deal with it and after 4 months I stopped trying.

Comment

Originally posted by lestacio18
                  Unfortunately for me, like some other people I read about, the Restasis made my eye red i mean beet red and BURN all day! It was terrible...I got my dry eye from Stevens Johnson Syndrome, I don't know if it has anything to do with what happens with the body or?
                  There was some discussion of this at our workshops a few weeks ago. Someone - I am thinking Mark from BFS? - said there was no basis for expecting Restasis to benefit patients with certain conditions where for example there had been irreparable damage to the lacrimal glands. SJS patients would I imagine figure pretty prominently in that group?
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Yes,Mark I knoow exactly who you're talking about, i met him at BFS, very nice guy, he's the one who referred me to Dr Tseng actually. Forgive me, but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? Maybe I'm having a slow day! lol

Comment

Oh I was just commenting with a question mark because I wasn't sure I remembered right which patient groups he said could not benefit from Restasis.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                      X