This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporine formulations in UK

Yesterday I was prescribed Optimmune and now I remember why I couldn't use it before. The burning is horrendous and hasn't let up over 12 hours later. I think I have a sensitivity to the lanolin oil.

Is it possible to get Cyclosporine in a different carrier in the UK? I'm sure this has been covered before but my poor eyes don't want to spend time searching for it.

Moorfields Pharmaceuticals do 3 formulations of cyclosporine. Here's a nice reply about carriers we got from Customer Services:

'We do manufacture a wide range of preservative free products which may provide suitable alternatives. We also manufacture a range of licensed lubricant eye drops which are preservative free.

We do provide the three ciclosporin strength products which you have listed.

The 0.2% ointment is the Optimmune product which your daughter is currently using. This as you are probably aware contains the following ingredients besides ciclosporin, Maize Oil and Lanolin Alcohol.

The ciclosporin 2% eye drops contain alcohol (a trace) and Maize Oil.

The ciclosporin 0.06% eye drops our newest product is more of an aqueous (non-oil) gel like formulation. This product would be the one most similar to the Restasis formulation.'
    Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Thanks Littlemermaid. My ophthalmologist is going to request the 0.06% drops for me. Fingers crossed they suit me better.

Comment

We've had Moorfields Pharmacy delivery within 24 hours - pretty darn good x
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
        X