Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restasis and freshkote - use together anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis and freshkote - use together anyone?

I have been on restasis for almost 4 months now. I have just begun to notice a difference. I have been reading the forum here on this web site and noticed a product called freshkote. Has anyone ever used this with restasis? or is it best used without restasis? Any success?

Thank you for any information,

runnergirl

I used Freshkote without the restasis and it was much too thick for me. It clumped in my lashes.

Comment

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
      I have been on restasis for almost 4 months now. I have just begun to notice a difference. I have been reading the forum here on this web site and noticed a product called freshkote. Has anyone ever used this with restasis? or is it best used without restasis? Any success?

Thank you for any information,

runnergirl
      I use both along with other lubricants. I use Freshkote as my night time(over night) eye lubricant. It is not slick but it contains polymers that form over and protect the cornea it it last all night for me. It will not cloud my sclearal like the oil based ointments. Some people here have had great success with it exclusively. It is not very useful for me during the day because it is a bit harsh and if I use it too frequently my eyes react to it. I will say that early in my condition I had corneal erosion in my left eye that healed very quickly while using Freshkote. I would definitely add it to your regimen especially at night. It will sting a little when you first put it in but that is normal. One bottle last about two months applying it twice per day.

Comment

You do have to follow FreshKote with moist wipes. Otherwise it will stick to the lids.

Comment

Is FreshKote preservative free?

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
          X