This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporine/Restasis and eye floaters

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I've been suffering from dry eye for more than 12 years. My dry eye doctor put me on closporil (Cyclosporine) two years ago, buy I stopped using it after a couple of months because it caused me more burning, and also I got a floater (I haven't had any untill then). My three ophthalmologist told me that the floater thing didn't have anything to do with Cyclosporine, but I still decided to stopped. Once off of Cyclosporine, I continued getting some more floaters (smaller than the first one, though), and then they kept about the same size and quantity. Now, due to the fact that I've read some stories of success here in this forum, I'm giving it another try, this time with Restasis. I've been on it for two months and the situation is very similar than the first one, although I'm feeling less burning, maybe . But the floaters are increasing. I've read this threat in wich a dry eye patient tells that he developed a floater after using Restasis: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...worse-My-story .

Has anyone on Restasis ever experienced the same?

Should I stop using it?

Sorry for my english.

Thanks in advance.

I finally had to stop using restasis in my right eye, as the floater continued to grow. Therefore now I'm only using it in my left eye.

I think I will continue using it in my left eye, as long as I don't develop a floater like in the right one (although I can already notice something in it, but it is still too small compared with what I have in my other eye). Who knows, maybe It won't grow anymore and if so, I will be able to stay using this medicine at least in one eye to see if it helps reduce this burning I feel due to dry eye.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar while on restasis?

Comment

Working...
    X