Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis

Does Restasis work?

It worked great for me for about 2 years, but hasn't been for the past 4 months. I think statistically it only works for 15% of people.I was doing it 3 times a day.
    Last edited by Max52; 25-Apr-2014, 07:57.

Comment

Thanks Max, I don't think it has any effect if you have MGD.

Comment

Originally posted by bonedrye60 View Post
        Thanks Max, I don't think it has any effect if you have MGD.
        Not sure about that. It worked for me for those 2 years. I have had and still do have MGD. From what I've read it works on all parts of the tear film...when it works. It's an anti-inflammatory, so if other anti-inflammatories give you relief, restasis may work even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Max52 View Post
          It's an anti-inflammatory, so if other anti-inflammatories give you relief, restasis may work even better.
          It took 5 months for me to see significant improvement on Restasis, with continued improvement from there on. Stick with it.
          32/M ATD • Getting better every day!

Comment

Hey, I really wish the olphalmologist I saw last week had prescribed me restasis. I have aqueous tear deficiency which is worse I my right eye and mgd/blepharitis (still trying to work out if these are different as I think thy are used interchangeably sometimes). I read this article by Katherine mastrota and she states that she would initiate restasis sooner rather than later in ocular surface changes. http://www.optometricmanagement.com/...ticleID=107692

Cath
            27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Originally posted by MartyM1985 View Post
              It took 5 months for me to see significant improvement on Restasis, with continued improvement from there on. Stick with it.
              Hi Marty...how long have you been taking restasis and is is it still working good for you? I took it for 2 years with great results and one day it just stopped working. No idea why.

Comment

Thanks Marty, I hope you continue to improve. I've talked with people that have had great results with Restasis and others who didn't. I used it for 1 1/2 yrs and I just couldn't see any improvement. I still used the same amout of artifical tears and sauve that I did before. I really think it has to do with the degree of dry eye you have and how soon you started treatment. The people I know who have had success started using it early in there diagnosis. I had very bad eyes before Restasis ever came to market. My doctor keeps telling me to continue but I feel i'm just throwing money down the drain I don't have. It's very frustrating, you don't know what to do.

Comment

Working...
                X