Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's Your Consensus On Restasis? Has it helped or made things worse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Your Consensus On Restasis? Has it helped or made things worse...

I was on Restasis for 8 months and I really can't say whether it reduced inflammation and improved tear function. I have been off of it since January and am on the fence about going back on it.
    One thing I can say without question is that it actually increased the burning sensation whenever I used it. A doctor I saw in Chicago said that sometimes the eye is too raw for Restasis and put me on Cromalyn and Alaway drops for 2 weeks before I start it again. Those drops have helped but I still haven't started the Restasis again. I was hoping to get a group consensus here going as to whether Restasis has worked for you.

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
    I was on Restasis for 8 months and I really can't say whether it reduced inflammation and improved tear function. I have been off of it since January and am on the fence about going back on it.
    One thing I can say without question is that it actually increased the burning sensation whenever I used it. A doctor I saw in Chicago said that sometimes the eye is too raw for Restasis and put me on Cromalyn and Alaway drops for 2 weeks before I start it again. Those drops have helped but I still haven't started the Restasis again. I was hoping to get a group consensus here going as to whether Restasis has worked for you.
    There's a ton of info with the title Restasis in the Archive section. For me it never burned and kept the wolf from the door for about 18 months, then stopped working. My personal opinion is, is that if hasn't helped after 8 months it won't.

Comment

It has helped the surface of my eye and tear production. It has not helped my lids much but I am pretty sure I am allergic to my sisters dog. lol I have been on it for like 9 months. I am hoping for better results come the one year mark. I recommend it.

Comment

"It has not helped my lids much"
        That's what else I'm worried about. I notice that when i put it in, my inner eyelids get beet red. I've read that inflammation of the eyelids creates scar tissue in the meibomian gland essentially blocking off the oils and causes atrophy in time. I've worked very hard on getting my inner eyelids better. For 2 years after Lasik they literally looked like bloody hamburger. Now they are for the most part pinkish and healthy looking. Even if the restasis did work on reducing ocular surface inflammation, is that worth it if it creates inflamed eyelids. As I stated in one of my other posts, they seem to be making great strides in restoring corneal surface integrity, but they seem to be far from figuring out a real solution for MG dysfunction.

Comment

What did you do to make your inner eyelids better looking?

Comment

Working...
          X