12 hours apart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 hours apart?

Just got my trial kit for new Restasis users. One question: do the dosages have to be EXACTLY 12 hours apart? I'm going to shoot for 7:30 am and 7:30 pm but I'm thinking there will probably be an evening when I'm not home at 7:30, would an hour's difference be a problem? two hours?

I don't think an hour or two would make much difference, but you might want to call a pharmacist or your eye doctor to be sure.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Here's one totally uninformed opinion for ya: do the best you can.

Something comes to mind: I heard this said about dieting. Sometimes the stress caused by NOT eating the cookie does your body more harm than the cookie itself.

Good luck with the drops.

Neil

Comment

I agree with Neil on this one.

I have been on restasis for nearly 6 months now and my doses are not exactly 12 hours apart on any given day.

I am no scientist, Dr or pharmacist but you can only do what you can do. If that means a few hours here and there I can't see that it is a big issue.

Hope you get some relief from it.

Cheers

ian

Comment

I'm with Ian

I aim for one dose in the morning and one in the evening. And I never check the time.

Billye

Comment

I'm with you, SilverLady. The thought of packing a Restasis to take with me so I can do the "exact 12 hours apart" deal never even entered my mind.....til I read this thread....

Comment

When I write the prescription, I put "one drop O.U. BID as directed." BID is from the Latin phrase bis in die, meaning twice daily. I then tell the patient to take one drop in the morning and one in the evening, just for emphasis. I don't tell them to use it once every 12 hours, or once every 720 minutes 0 seconds. If this was an antibiotic for a serious eye infection, I would specify how many hours between doses.

Comment

Working...
              X