Irritation with Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritation with Restasis

I have been on Restasis 1 drop to left eye twice daily x 1 week now. Today my left eye is burning more and I feel like the lower lid is really irritated. It almost feels like the lid is twitching. I was thinking about lowering the dose to once a day. I had used Restasis in the past without problems. I had stopped it back in March when I stopped by BC pill. My dry eyes got worse so I thought I would restart it, but I think it is now irritating them. I also use Tears Naturale Free several times a day and Refresh PM ointment at night.
    Has anyone had luck with once daily Restasis? Did the irritation get better with continued use?
    Also did Restasis help with anyones telangiectasia of the eye ball?

Thanks

I tried Restasis twice. The first time was twice daily, the second time was once daily. I saw no change in the redness. The only benefit I saw was some decreased light sensitivity. I could not tolerate the burning, itching and tearing I was experiencing as Restasis side effects, even with using drops 15 minuts before and 15 minutes after instilling the Restasis. For me, the side effects from Restasis worsened after the first 1-2 weeks.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
    X