can i use restasis with plugs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i use restasis with plugs?

i got plugs in around 3 months ago and they seem to be working a little bit but not all that great but good enough. But if i went back to my eye doctor and asked him for a prescription would he be reluctant to give it to me? i havent mentioned it to him yet be i told him im desperate. he wont plug both the upper and lower probably because im so young but ive heard so many good things from this site it makes me really want to try it.

All you can do is ask. I have plugs and restasis and so far the results have been good as I am a whole lot more comfortable than I was about 2 months ago. See if he will give you some steriod drops to use a couple of weeks before actually starting Restasis. They believe doing the steriods first gives the Restasis a jump start.

Good luck!

Comment

This discussion comes up every now and then. Thoroughly read this thread:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...Restasis+plugs

You might also check on the Restasis/Allergen web site. There are PLENTY using plugs and Restasis. I wouldn't hesitate to do so and I'm cauterized. You doctor may or may not agree, but you could always build a case for it.

Diana
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

You can go to this site and see where the greatest success of Restasis was attained after punctal occlussion. http://www.fdarestasisdata.org/

Comment

Thanks Indrep. I now recall that I started my second attempt at Restasis after getting lower plugs. My doc showed me a study then that showed Restasis + Plugs had greater effectiveness than either of those alone.
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
          X