Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis

I use Restatis everyday for the past two (plus) years. My method over the past year is to put the drops in over the course of several hours until there is no more in the ampule. Does anyone know if this type of usage could be at all harmful?
    Thank you,
    Cal

How is it prescribed?

My eye doctor told me to use one drop per eye twice a day. In the morning I open one of the ampules, put one drop in each eye, then set the ampule in a tiny cup that is sitting in a ziplock bag to cover the cup and ampule. Then
    in the evening, I use one drop in each eye and toss the ampule away.

I'd ask your eye doctor how many drops you are to use. I've never heard of anyone using the whole thing like that.

Billye

Comment

First, the prescribing information says to instill one drop twice daily. My eye doctor told me to use it once daily because I was so sensitive to it. At any rate, you should NEVER exceed the prescribed dose of ANY medication without speaking with your physician first.

Second, to use Restasis properly, you are to gently rock the ampule back and forth to mix the ingredients before you open and use it. If you store the vial and keep it for a second use, how do you rock the ampule to re-mix the solution without contaminating the tip of the ampule? If you are not shaking/rocking the ampule for your second and subsequent doses, the ingredients are not mixed and you could be causing either irritation or obtaining no benefit from the subsequent instillations. My $0.02.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Calvous-

You have two separate threads going simultaneously regarding the same thing. For convenience, I'll provide a link to the other thread:

click me!

Neil

Comment

I use one ampul for twice too. Its just too expensive for me(my last box has costed me 191euro).
          They are helping me a lot, especially between 9am(my first drop) and 4pm, my eyes are 50% moister and less red...
          But after 4pm I feel the dryness come back, at 21.00, the second time i use it, I usually feel a lot of pain and get a lot of redness(and Im sure its not because of the ampul being used twice).If needed, I would use rotho eyedrops to get my eyes white(one time for around an hour)...Life is much harder with dry eyes...

Comment

Working...
          X