Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't doctors like giving out Restestis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't doctors like giving out Restestis?

Both eye doctors I've been to have told me they don't like Restastis. I have bottom plugs and am getting the tops plugs to..but im wondering why they won't give me a prescription for Restestis? BTW I'm only 16

Where do you live? if its the UK i wouldnt be surprised if its the states then i would be. You need to find another doctor becuase they obviously dont want to help you with your dry eye. It might be your age but i cant see why it would matter..
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

The first eye doctor I saw was writing a prescription for Restasis even before I had finished describing my symptoms! I guess all docs
      are different

Comment

SMB-

Apparently your eye docs don't understand dry eye very well, and certainly never suffered from it. My eye doc pretty much will let me try anything...just to see if it will work.

Time to try a different doc or be more demanding of the ones you have.

I didn't stick with Restasis long enough for it to help me, but I have been on the bulletin board long enough to have seen some folks who stuck with it and did find it to improve their dry eye situation.

It's worth trying.

D
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Restasis is an immunosuppressant. It shuts down some processes that may contribute to dry eye and may provide relief. However it is not a cure, it is merely substituting an evil for a lesser evil. The people who made it don't even know how it works, exactly ! So yeah I can see why an ophtalmologist will be hesitant to prescribe it.

Comment

Working...
          X