Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis

Please excuse if asked and answered already.

1. Been on Restasis for a little over two months now and have noticed very little improvement and am wondering if there is a chance that it will start working at some point down the road.

2. Has anyone noticed that after taking their mid-day drop your vision decreases greatly as in you lose sharpness? My vision was only 20/30 after Lasik but when I take the drop of Resatasis during the day my vision goes to about 20/40 to 20/50 and stays that way until I wake up the next morning.

Thanks in advance,
    Arnold

Hello and welcome!
    Originally posted by aksloan
    1. Been on Restasis for a little over two months now and have noticed very little improvement and am wondering if there is a chance that it will start working at some point down the road.
    Certainly. Many have reported improvement at a point much further on. However, you need to keep in mind that the longer before you see a benefit, the less certain you can be that it is attributable to the Restasis, because many other variables (ones within or not within your control) will probably have changed in the meantime.

Can't comment on #2 as I'm not a Restasis user. I don't recall that effect being mentioned here before, though I may be mistaken.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

restasis

I've been on Restasis for 18 months and haven't noticed any effect, either positive or negative except a little burning. I take a drop before and after bedtime. Hopefully it works better for you. dfwilson

Comment

Originally posted by aksloan
        Has anyone noticed that after taking their mid-day drop your vision decreases greatly as in you lose sharpness?
        Yes, Restasis seems to have that effect on me, also. I tried it for 3 months, 2 X per day, and then quit because my vision got worse.

I started it again a year later, and after 8 months, 2 x per day, the same thing happened again. I really wanted to give it a good long trial, but ended up lowering my dose to once a day. I don't know if it's helping, but at least my vision is stable at this dose.

C66

Comment

Working...
        X