Anethol Trithione

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anethol Trithione

Has anyone heard Anethol Trithione tablets?

it is a drug used to help ur eyes make more tears.

I heard some one use the combination of Anethol Trithione tablets and Cyclosporine. n the relief is quite obvious.

I haven't tried this, so just wondering anyone has experience of taking these drugs?
    I believe I can fly!

I heard some one use the combination of Anethol Trithione tablets and Cyclosporine. n the relief is quite obvious.
    If the relief "is quite obvious" I wonder why this news hasn't spread like wildfire? Will be interesting to hear any new evidence. Thanks.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Read this!!!!!

Read this!!!!

Bethanechol and anethol trithione areother medications that appear to act viathe parasympathetic system.10Bethane-chol normally is used for urinary reten-tion and neurogenic atony of the bladderand has led to modest improvement insubjective symptoms associated with drymouth; however, the current studiesavailable have shown this improvementonly among individuals whose drymouth was related to radiation therapy.13Anethol trithione normally is used forstimulating bile, although it also has beenused as a sialogogue. Studies on this drugalso were carried out among populationsof patients who were on multiple med-ications, with significant improvementsnoted.14According to Schiodt et al, thedrug does not improve xerostomic condi-tions related to Sjogren’s syndrome.15 Themost common side effect from this drugwas GI upset with flatulence.15Other forms of therapy intended toinduce remaining salivary gland secre-tions have included chewing gum andlozenges of various types. Stewart et altested two types of chewing gum and asour lemon lozenge in post-treatment ra-diotherapy individuals who were positivefor Sjogren’s syndrome and found no sta-tistically significant improvement in salivary stimulation.16More recently, a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study administered interfer-on-α lozenges to Sjogren’s syndrome pa-tients for a period of 24 weeks and foundstatistically significant improvement insalivary flow and subjective improvementin symptoms of dry mouth and dryeye

Comment

OK, I'll let others be the guineau pigs on this and in a few years, give it a try if it's successful.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
          If the relief "is quite obvious" I wonder why this news hasn't spread like wildfire? Will be interesting to hear any new evidence. Thanks.
          Lucy

i personally have no evidence about the effect of this drug. the only thing i know is that some pakinson's disease patients take this drugs to control the dry mouth and dry eye symptom, which is caused by the drugs used for pakinson's disease.

sounds quite scary. hopefully it wont have severe side-effect~
          I believe I can fly!

Comment

Working...
          X