Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 plugs, right eye still dry - Restasis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 plugs, right eye still dry - Restasis?

Hi all,

I'm not hot on the subject of Restasis......so have a question:-

I have 4 smartplugs fitted but my eyes are still dry. The plugs have made a good difference, but my right eye is almost permanently gritty feeling still. I know this is due to there being insufficient tears. The right eye still gets sore.

So, would Restasis be helpful to me? My eye doc (UK) simply said during the course of conversation (before I got plugged) that he wasn't a fan of Restasis.

I've bought Restasis.....but am hesitant to use them until I know more facts.

Ian.

Ian,
    Restasis is an antiinflammatory drug. Inflammation is a secondary consequence to Hyperosmoloarity of the tear film or tear film instability. Since you have already purchased it I would try it and see if you notice improvement. The improvement should happen within 90 days. The positive test results for Restasis came from patients with Sjogrens, Rhuematoid arthritis and post menopausal women. While you may not be one of these specifically your type of Dry Eye could be similar.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Comment

Restasis

Ian

I'm also in the UK and have been buying Restasis on-line and using it over the last 7 months now. For the first 6 months I can't say I noticed much improvement but over the last few weeks my eyes don't feel dry at all. I still have a lot of inflammation (due to problems with my mucous layer) but the dryness has improved significantly - most days I don't use drops at all, other than the steroid drops I'm currently on. The blepharitis has also gone and my meibomian glands are also looking much healthier (according to my opthamologist).

So I would strongly recommend staying on the Restasis for a while longer yet.

Helen

Comment

Working...
      X