Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2% cyclosporine - extreme burning?!

Hey,

I started using 2% cyclosporine yesterday because I didn't feel any success with Restasis and it's horrible. My eyes need about 6 hours to feel normal again. When I put the drops in, my eyes start burning and I start "crying" so that my eyes become red.
    I read that some people have experienced these side effects with Restasis and that they go away when you use the drops for a longer period. I didn't have any problems with Restasis (except that it didn't help me) so is it possible that the side effects I experience with 2% cyclosporine will go away? Or should I stop using the drops?

Thanks for your answer!

Steph, can't tell you whether you should continue or not, you need to ask your doc. But--

Before Restasis, I had cyclosporine compounded for me and it was probably a 2% mix. This has been several years ago and I can tell you it felt like turpentine! I used it faithfully though in hopes that it would work. It did not.

I have tried Restasis twice since, once for 7 months and no help there. I did want to comment on the possibility of this drop being stronger than Restasis. Good luck and let your doc know.
    Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

If you have doubts about a prescription drug after only one day using it, the first call should be your doctor and not the bulletin board. Good luck and let us know your progress.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X