No announcement yet.

Can Restasis make your eyes worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this recent medical study, castor oil was found to exert cytotoxic effects on conjunctival cells. So it is the castor oil. In this study, other oils were used that did not cause cytotoxicity.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4458

Scout

Comment

...And others just can't use oil at all!

I've just become aware that some people (e.g. me) can't use Restasis or Endura (I too think they're identical except for the Cyclosporine), because it's counterindicated.

For those whose dry eye comes from an overabundance of meibomian oils instead of a shortage, oil-based drops like Endura/Restasis will make it worse!

I'm not making this up -- both the ophthamologists who examined me came to the same conclusion about my eyes.

My current doc, Dr. Michel Guillon (recommended) commented that if people with Ocular Surface problems were more accurately diagnosed in the first place, the Restasis trials would have much more success...on those who actually had a use for it!
      ---
      Blepharitis leads to MGD causes dry eye?
      Dry eye drops cause eyelid irritation exacerbating Blepharitis?

Comment

I tried Endura and it burned my eyes to no end. It just plain hurt. Restasis on the other had has been wonderful for me. I was hesitant to try it after reading everyones displeasure with it here, but I've been using it for over a year now and instead of having to put drops in all day, I can use Restasis in the morning and that's it until the next morning.

Comment

Computer Glasses

GSPNE: Hi. My question is geared more towards what you said about the computer glasses--that your eye dr. ordered you some special computer glasses & they worked great. Can you tell me about these? I have noticed also that just a little amount of time on the computer causes me eyestrain & a need to just sit and blink or squint. I posted a question about computer glasses to an ophthalmologist and he basically said it was the optometrists ways of making money I do not wear glasses but am wondering if there is something out there that is non-prescription that I could try. I did order and try some Melanin Tint eyeglasses but did not care for them. I'm actually looking into getting a computer filter to help with the glare. Thank you for your time.

Comment

Working...
          X