Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis in treatment of ocular rosacea

Hi,

This article shows a better and safer alternative to doxycycline in ocular rosacea pts.

http://www.ophmanagement.com/article.aspx?article=86533

All best,

George

Thanks George-
    Good find. I haven't seen that article before. I have ocular rosacea and have been using Restasis since March. Not really all that impressed, but perhaps it's helping to prevent the advancement of the condition.

Eli

Comment

Hi Eli,

What treatment are you using?
      Doxy? Plugs ? Lower ? Upper?

All best !!

George

PS Doxy works good for me.

Comment

George,
        I use lower plugs, Restasis, Dr. Latkany's eye spa at least once per day, flax/fish oil and minocycline 50mg/day (down from 100mg). I also use Theratears in the morning to really "re-wet" my eyes and then Systane throughout the day. I have also given up coffee (really hard to do) and alcohol (not as hard) Despite all of this, I still feel the need to use drops as much as every hour. Can sometimes last 3 hours when its really humid and/or I'm really distracted for a while. I would have hoped to be able to go two hours consistently between drops by now, but I guess not. Maybe someday! I wonder if doxycyline works better than minocycline for some people? I am considering asking my doc about Oracea which is basically a special formulation of sub-antimicrobial doxycycline and apparently safe for long term use.

Regards,

Eli

Comment

Working...
        X