Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone had success using Alrex/Lotemax with Restatis

Hi,

I am just wondering if somebody had success in Restatis adjustment using Alrex or Lotemax ...
    Thank you very much for the info.

George

I used lotemax with restasis. It has seemed to help!!

Comment

Hi Dryeye22,

Have you experienced burning from restatis prior to using Lotemax?
      Thanks,

George

Comment

yep...it wasnt fun

Comment

Hi Dryeye22,

Thank you very much for the answer. Could you tell if you have plugs?
          Have you had burning from Restatis when used with Lotemax? Have you been able to adjust to Restatis without burning?
          How long did you use Lotemax and Restatis together until Restatis worked well?
          Thanks again,

George

Comment

I use to have plugs, but I found that they didn't really help me even though im acqueous defficient. I tried restasis and it use to burn really bad but after a week on lotemax I made an adjustment and the burning subsided. Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Dryeye22,

Thanks for your answer. That is a success story with Restatis!!
              Have you instilled Lotemax 10-15 min. before Restatis?
              Thanks,

George

Comment

I was wondering if lotemax can give you bad side effects within the 6 week time of using it. I know it said prolong use will cause eye damage but do you think that could happen earlier then expected?

Comment

Tribal,
                  I don't think it can be used more than 2 weeks.

George

Comment

restasis + acular

Hi George,

I'm on Restasis (one drop in each eye 2 times per day) plus Acular (one drop in each eye 2-4 times per day) plus Zaditor (one drop in each eye 2 times per day). Sequence is:

~ Restasis - wait 30 minutes
                    ~ Acular - wait 5 minutes
                    ~ Zaditor

Have to watch for bad potential effects of Acular but my understanding is that impact is less than Lotemax. Zaditor is an over-the-counter antihistamine eye drop.

Regimen seems to be working, altho hard to tell with these and other drugs in play.

Best,

Comment

Hi William,

Thank you very much for your answer.
                      I just need to know how Acular helps you.. Do you experience burning from Restatis? Does Acular help alleviate the burning?
                      Thank you.

George

Comment

George,

I experience from 30 seconds to 3 minutes of mild burning sensation and slightly blurred vision after administering Restasis. It's not my sense that my use of Acular affects Restasis burning/blurred vision effects in any way. I sometimes experience burning sensation - seems to be when I'm tired - after putting Acular drops in my eyes.

My best understanding of Acular is that it functions as a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory.

Ciao,

Comment

Hi guys,

I've been on Restasis for three years now, and my dryness issues are somewhat better (with the help of plugs). Re: inflammation, I've thought recently of adding Acular, Lotemax or Pred Forte to my regimen. Questions:

I use Restasis twice daily. How often do you use the steroids? For how many months? Are there any you take indefinitely? I'd heard long-term use of steroids can bring bad results.

Comment

Keeping the Restasis in the refrigerator helped me with the burning. FYI: when I saw Dr. Pflugfelder last year, he said the the NSAI's can increase matrix metaloproteinases, which are inflammatory mediators, thus making dry eye worse. Just thought I'd pass that along.

Kathel

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for all answers.
                              Looks like most of you have burning upon instillation for up to 30 min. after.
                              That's why it is recommended to keep Restatis in refrigerator.
                              For me, it's like water upon instillation cold or warm; after 3-4hrs the burning really starts and lasts all day. It's so serious that I cannot function.

All best,

George

Comment

Working...
                              X