Restasis administration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis administration

Hello, I was wondering how you guys mechanically instil restasis. My doctor told me to pull down the lower eyelid, instill the drop and let it be absorbed for up to 8 minutes, then release the eyelid and blink (which Ive been doing up to now). Then I found on the net these restasis instructions claiming you are supposed to tilt back head, instill the drops in the lower lid, release it gently while closing the eye, apply pressure on the inner corner of the eye for some minutes to avoid overflow and permit absorption, then open eyes.
    This got me confused, clearly I dont want to waste money and time misadministering the eyedrops.
    Thanks to anyone whos willing to contribute
    ciao!

No one wants to share his experience about it? Come on folks, please let me know how you generally proceed.. thx!

Comment

Maybe I intimidated everyone by telling a user the other day to go ask his doctor instead of making the forum the first 'port of call' (oops) If no one responds I'll see if I can find something in the archives... I know we've had threads about this before.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Majorglory
        Hello, I was wondering how you guys mechanically instil restasis.
        I just put the drops in---I don't keep my eyes shut or wait--I have 4 punctal plugs, so it's not going to drain out. Keeping eyes closed for a bit sounds like a good plan.

I have not heard of 8 minutes--maybe read something about 2 minutes, but I forget where I saw that. Read the sheet that comes with the medication---there should be some general directions in that. The main point being to give it some time in the eye to work. I don't think you should worry too much about a special technique.

I know my eyes are getting the Restasis because of the pain and burning. I sometimes wish the stuff would clear out a bit faster.

Calli

Comment

I have lower plugs, so my story is somewhat similar. I wouldn't worry too much about making "a pouch." Just pull down your lower eyelid and get the drop in your eye. Putting gentle pressure on the nasal corners of your eye is a good idea if you don't have plugs, but 8 minutes sounds like a long time. The leaflet with the Restasis says 2.

Comment

Thank you all, I guess Ill just keep it simple then. Only weird from my doctor to give me such strange instructions

Comment

Working...
            X