Restasis 2 drops or 1 drop makes big difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis 2 drops or 1 drop makes big difference

I've been on Restasis for about a year. The first 6 months I was feeling good (one tube for 4 times, 2 days, one drop in each eye).
    The other 6 months, I started to use one tube for 2 times ( one tube per day) and 2 drops per eye each time, which I think should be better for my eyes. But I didn't get progress more.
    In the last 2 days, I was using my last tube, one drop in each eye and for 4 times. And that seems to work again!
    I've always known using Restasis more than one time in 3 or 4 hours irritate my eyes badly. And if I drop in too much in one time also produces redness. But I didn't know if there's a difference between 1 or 2 drops.
    I will make a one-drop test now.

Atta

I think we all "experiement" with our eye regime from time to time to see what works and what doesn't but "experiementing" with prescription medication is not for everyone and in my opinion should only be done under the competent supervision of the Dr who prescribed the medication in the first place.

These drugs undergo rigorous testing (at least I like to believe that) to determine the appropriate dosage. It is my understanding that the recommended dosage for Restasis 1 drop per eye every 12 hours and this should not be exceeded (according to the accompanying literature).

I would just be a little careful with "experiementing" with an auto-immune suppressing drug. Whilst your eyes may feel a little better, can you be certain it is not having any other adverse impacts on your body or organs.

I am sorry if I sound a little heavy on this topic, but people read these boards and think if you can do it so can they. It is my view (as stated previously) that this is something that should only be done in consultation with your treating Dr.

This is just my opinion and nothing more.

Regards

Ian
    Last edited by prattstar; 25-Oct-2007, 06:51.

Comment

Originally posted by prattstar
      ...People read these boards and think if you can do it so can they. It is my view (as stated previously) that this is something that should only be done in consultation with your treating Dr.
      Absolutely spot on.

This is why I recently shut down discussions of how to get Restasis in Europe without a doctor's prescription.

Prescription drugs need to be used under a doctor's supervision and in compliance with the doctor's directions.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I actually asked my doctor about putting in Restasis 4x a day and he said it's no problem as long as I don't put in more than 2x 2% a day. It helped me but using 4 drops of restasis a day is way too expensive for me (Europe) and that's why I switched to 2% cyclosporine right away.

Comment

Thank you!!

I told my doctor that I want to try Restasis. He gave me the prescription. I guess he doesn't have much idea about Restasis. Since It has helped me out in the first 6 months, so I think it works.
          But I was too careless to notice that only one drop at a time. Luckily, I got small eyes and when I used 2 drops, many of them just came out, so I guess no big damage till yet.
          Thank you for the tips!!!

Comment

Drops Question

Just joined and found this post. Started using Restasis about 3 1/2 weeks ago. I've been wondering about "the size" of the drops to put in. Maybe that seems stupid, but if I just let the medicine sort of dribble out of the vial, I can use it up to 4 times. Squeezing it and getting out bigger drops, the vial last 2-3 times. My eyes definitely feel better with more.

I do think the Restasis is starting to work for me. My eyes feel so much better. I had plugs for somewhere between 1 and 2 years, but they came out. Plus I always felt like there was something in my eyes. Wish I'd started using Restasis rather than trying out the plugs.

Comment

I started using Restasis 3 months ago. At first it was horrible, my eyes were burning so badly with the use, I thought I might not be able to use them longer, but that burning sensation has finally worn off. The grubby feeling in my eyes has not......
              I'd like to know if you all use other eyedrops on top of Restasis? Restasis does help, but my eyes start feeling dry after sitting on the computer and I still use Systane or similar eye-drops frequently. Just using Restasis alone doesn't bring much relief.

Comment

Working...
              X