Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis and FreshKote

Hi,

I was wondering can you use Restasis and FreshKote at the same time, but instilling the drops at separate times?

Restasis has helped some, but after 7 months time, it still isn't enough. I tried plugs early on, but they really irritated my eyes. I use different drops right now depending on how my eyes feel, they include, Genteal gel, Theratears regular and gel, Refresh Endura. These are pretty good, but if the furnace (with humidifer and sometimes a separate room humidifier) or air conditioning are on, drops are not enough and I wear safety goggles over my glasses at home or sunglasses over my glass while out at the store.
    I am hoping the MEG's are available soon.

Thanks for your help.
    dryeyes2

Hi DryEyes2,

I just noticed this post - sorry.

Since these are both prescription drugs, you should certainly check with the doctor to be sure.

I would be surprised if they say no. Freshkote is a lubricant, and I'm not aware of any restrictions on using lubricants while you're using Restasis, so long as you leave some time in between each.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Rebecca,

I did get a sample from my doctor, but I can't say that I am very impressed. It leaves too much residue on my eye lashes even if I wipe them and then it flakes in my eyes. Also, I can't say it helps much. I haven't used it exclusively, only on and off because it is a small bottle. I am not sure it is worth the bother. I also noticed when I first tried to use the sample, the drops didn't want to come out at first. I had to squeeze pretty hard and then I lost some of the product.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X