Restasis for WATERY eyes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis for WATERY eyes??

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has had relief from watery eyes/windy feeling from using the Restasis for a period of time. My main problem is the above: just a horrible feeling that my eyes will start watering while even talking to people or blinking and squinting while walking down a hall (or shopping). I'd love for the Restasis to help with this. I've been on Restasis for 2 weeks now and know it takes 2-3 months to see results. If I thought the medicine will help with this horrible feeling then I might be more positive (which I am not right now......a basket-case maybe) Thank you.

both symptoms improved

I had excessive tearing and windy sensation when I was first started on Restasis, and to some small extent, Restasis may have improved these symptoms. What nearly eliminated the symptoms, though, was protective eyewear. . .and ultimately, I stopped Restasis (after nearly 4 years) and tried FreshKote and Dwelle. Both of these latter products, in my particular case, surpassed Restasis GREATLY, leaving me without pain, tearing, or windyness, and without need for protective eyewear for much of each day.

The reason any effective treatment can address the symptoms mentioned here is that such a treatment may help to heal a stressed cornea and stabilize a struggling tear film. If you can find a treatment that attacks these issues, drippy eyes and windy/menthol sensation can be reduced or vanish. . .

Though you will want to give Restasis some time to work, please see Dr. Holly's notes, in his Department here, on castor oil being a potential irritant to the eye. . .Restasis, as you know, if carried on castor oil, as is Refresh Endura and another Refresh "complete care" eye drop product. . .I tried castor oil by itself before Refresh was approved, and it seemed to worsen my symptoms all around. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Rojzen,

Well, you've got me convinced. I just got my most recent package of drops from Rebecca...one each of Dwelle, Dakrina and Nutratear. What is your suggestion for use? Dwelle in the morning and night and Dakrina in between? Any room in there for Nutratear?

I really need to find something that works a bit better for me. Autologous serum drops have advanced me from constant burning, but there's plenty of room for improvement... It's not been a very good few days. Dry air, spring...???

D
      Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
      X