Can restasis cause eyecancer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can restasis cause eyecancer?

I feel very unsecure about Restasis, I' was on Restasis since 5/06! I stopped about 6 weeks ago, I only take it once in a while, when I have bad eye days! One doc. told me it can cause cancer? Is that true?

What do u guys think?

THanks

-Sala

I don't know if Restasis can cause cancer. My thought, however, is that if it is bringing you relief, you should stick with it!! For me, quality of life is really important, so I will try anything. I haven't tried Restasis yet, but I am going to because I need to do everything I can to feel better.

We can't predict the future and I don't think the medical community really knows if this product can cause cancer because it really hasn't been in use that long.

Lots of things in our environment can potentially cause cancer: processed foods, microwaves, cell phones, the air we breath. Who knows!!

I guess the point I am trying to make is if you have found something that is helping you today, then don't worry about tomorrow. Just deal with the present moment.

And, of course, you can always get a second opinion from another doctor if your previous is telling you it will give you cancer!!

MDE

Comment

Working...
    X