Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restasis and Red eye...makes it worse???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis and Red eye...makes it worse???

I am at my wits end and am hoping someone can help. I have been on Restasis for about 5 motnhs now, and I think my eyes feel worse. I had probably mild to moderate dry eye when I was wearing contacts for years, then I had Lasik about 7 years ago. It probably made it a bit worse, but I think not having to wear contacts, it probably evened it out.

Now, lately, over the last several years, my eyes are red so often! I am walking around looking stoned half the time! I use artificial tears, Restasis 2x per day. My doc has had me on Patanol, then cycled me on an antihisitmine for eyes.

This cycle seems to be the worse and I am wondering if anyone might have any suggestions. I have the type of dry eye where I make enough tears but they evaporate almost immediatly. Also, I do have punctal plugs as well. It seems these days, the redness and itchiness bothers me and feels more obvious than the feeling of actually having eyes that are dry.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    Cass

any progress?

I have been on Restasis too for over 4 months and have noticed much more redness. Have you improved at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Pati View Post
      I have been on Restasis too for over 4 months and have noticed much more redness. Have you improved at all?
      Nope, and I finally made the decision to take myself off of it. That stuff just does NOT help at all!

Comment

Working...
      X