Restasis vs. warm compress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis vs. warm compress

my doc put me on restasis. So, i every morning before getting up, I do warm compress and then 5 minutes after that I put Restasis into my eyes.

However, there seems to be a problem. After the warm compress, my eyes seem to produce more tears, and the Restasis works the same way. I am afraid they kind of work against each other andmy eyes can't hold too much Restasis because of the amount of tears after warm compress.

Does anybody have similar experience or suggestions?

Thanks.

How much Restasis?

How much Restasis are you putting in? It should only be one drop in each eye unless your doctor prescribes more. A vial of Restasis can be used for two doses, one in the morning and one at night. It should be in a stand up small container with nothing touching the tip of the opened vial. I stand mine up in a small cappuchino cup and sit the cup inside a clean plastic baggie and seal it. I don't refrigerate mine as it is cool in my house.

There is the possibility that the heat is opening up the oil glands in your eyelids and that allows the oil in your glands to come out. You might wait awhile before putting in the Restasis. I use the very warm wet compress before I eat breakfast, in fact as soon as I can after I get up, then I put the Restasis in about an hour later after my breakfast. My eyes will water almost 15 min. later. But it is short lived.

Hope this helps in some way,
    Billye

Comment

Working...
    X