Rinsing Eyes After Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rinsing Eyes After Restasis

Does anyone here ever rinse their eyes after Restasis? Restasis really irritates my eyes and I want to rinse them with Ocufresh (salt water afterwards) but I do not know if that will counteract with the Restasis. How long after the Restasis can I rinse my eyes out? Does anyone else do this?
    Thanks!

You can ask your eye doctor, but I'll tell you what mine told me.

He said I could rinse after 3 minutes. I've heard 15 minutes also. It might be better to rinse with preservative free drops instead of saline, since saline dilutes and disrupts the natural tear composition.

Calli

Comment

My doc suggested using drops about 15 minutes before Restasis, to provide a cushion to reduce burning, then use a chaser of more drops 15 minutes after the Restasis. I tried this and it did not help me, but it might help others.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I use restasis only in the morning - in the evening if I travel - keep in fridge - reduces burning - wait 15 minutes after adding and use liquid gel after - helps - sometime at night - nothing helps

Comment

Working...
        X