New to Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to Restasis

I have just started Restasis and am not sure if I am liking this drop. I have begun having severe coughing episodes that I wasn't having before. I am also way more sensitive to light now. I just don't know if anyone else has had this problem with Restasis or not. My Doctor tells me it is not the drops and to keep taking it.

I don't think the coughing would likely be due to Restasis, since it shouldn't have systemic effects. But I think this is a question worth asking Dr. Latkany.

Light sensitivity happens...maybe putting in eyedrops 15 minutes before and after Restasis help. Hang in there, Restasis takes a while to get use to.

Comment

When I used restasis - here is what I did

1. keep them in refrigerator
      2. use them in the morning - then wait 15 minutes and add a liquid tears
      3. If using in the evening - try to use them right befor bed - since my eyes always hurt in the evening and restasis made them hurt more

Best of luck and hope you have success

As for the light stuff - I have had that for 30 years -

Comment

Thanks

I have started putting them in the refrigrator after I open the vial. It seems to help it not burn quite so bad, but I will have to try the drops before and after to see if that helps the light sensitivity which has just gotten worse since using Restasis. I just hope that it does what it is supposed to do. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
        X