Self help and restasis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self help and restasis?

After 6 opthamolgists and constant different meds my pain is worse then ever. I have both dry eye and restasis. None of the oral or antibiotic/steriod drops have helped at all some made it worse. The plugs I could not tolerate.I had been on restasis for a few weeks but hated the feeling it gave me but am going to try again. Has anyone seen any benefits from restasis. I know it takes a minimum of 6 weeks. Also has anyone done anything with diet or supplement that they found helpful? I know omegas but any other tips or ideas. Thank you

It helped me

Restasis definitely helped me but I had very little feeling in my eyes due to them being so inflammed and hard contact use for decades. It took longer than six weeks though. After about six months I could finally feel graininess, dryness and irritation for the first time in ages. They helped me but everyone is different. Find a really good doctor who will work with you. Janice Jurkus at the Illinois Eye Institute and Dr Stephen Kaufman at the University of MN are two that have really really helped me out a lot.

Comment

Restasis

I have ocular dryness due to rosacea. Restasis helped me alot, but it did take a long time and it was very gradual. I really didn't realize how much it helped until I have been on it a year and stopped it for a few days. I used steroid drops for the first few days to help with the burning.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. So frustrating cause I am so sensitive and the steriod drops are so hard for me to tolerate. I am going to try the restasis again and try to be patient. It has been though since Nov so my patience is slim to none which I am sure most here can relate to.

Comment

Working...
        X