Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before you noticed results on Restasis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again SAAG. I kind of have a feeling the MD that told me that seemed not to be too concerned about me. Kept reciting clinical studies over clinical studies. I'll see if i can find an MD who would supervise me on a higher dosage. I'm on 2 months at twice a day at 0.05% and have noticed very minimal effects, in fact at times i think i feel worse, but I have noticed that my occasional blurry vision has gone. And I found I'm using less drops, but my eyes tend to feel more sensitive (then again it could be the winter) Point being, I don't mind using drops often, its the feeling I have that makes me reach for the drops that is hard to deal with. The gritty, gunky, burning foreign body sensation is what gets to me the most. I'm just not sure if increasing the Restasis will make me feel better or worse. Have you noticed the increased dosage beneficial to you?

Comment

Hello all
      I join PatientPatrick thread to kindly ask you something that I could not understand from the previous posts on restasis, maybe some of you know the answer......
      I understood that restasis works blocking the creation of new inflammatory T cells but in the same time I've read that these are activated in the presence of an autoimmune issue.... so wouldn't be restasis helpful only for the dry eyes caused by autoimmune?
      Thank you in advance

Comment

please try to look up in google 'professor Baudouin dry eye' and in the video on youtube you can see his explanation of 'vicious cycle'.
        I think that now real professionals (like professor Baudouin) are more and more convinced that inflammation is in dry eye always present.

Comment

Dry Eye by Dr Baudouin link to YouTube video. Still the best explanation for us by far. Everyone should watch the 'vicious circle' video on inflammation and docs should recommend it - thanks, Kylix.

European equivalents to the anti-inflammatories are available now since he made the video. Also his team develop eyedrops and eye treatments in Spectrum Thea Pharmaceuticals - Thea Pharma or http://www.laboratoires-thea.com. The formulations are updated frequently. I think it depends on individual country drug import regulations, eg in UK we can access Azyter and cyclosporine 0.06% preservative free in aqueous base through Moorfields Pharmaceuticals whereas even an independent pharmacist could not import from France.
          Last edited by littlemermaid; 15-Jan-2013, 06:38.
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

professor Baudouin is also the head of NOVAGALI's scientific board. At the end of the next week I should have consultation with him and will try to ask about current status of 'cyclokat' and its potential availability. Then I will post some info if I receive some.

Comment

Originally posted by kylix View Post
              professor Baudouin is also the head of NOVAGALI's scientific board. At the end of the next week I should have consultation with him and will try to ask about current status of 'cyclokat' and its potential availability. Then I will post some info if I receive some.
              Hi Kylix,
              I am curious, did you get any new information from Dr Baudouin? Any new treatments under way?

Comment

sunshinelover: nope, it was so quick that I didn't have any time to ask about it at all

Comment

I have been on restasis for about a week at 3 times a day. I never even thought of it causing cancer or other serious side effects. Now I am wondering if I should be taking it at all. Any comments. I had RK surger in 1994, now suffering severe side effects.

Comment

Working...
                  X