This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restasis, one vessel, two-time use

My doctor told me yesterday i can use one vessel for the whole day, which means two times.

Any of you guys does the same?

H

Yup! In fact, I can usually get more than that -- doc says it's fine so long as I keep it clean -- I put mine in the fridge -- no stinging that way.

Comment

Ditto. My dr told me to store it in the fridge with a sterile cover over it. I use a shot glass and put press and seal over it. I can usually get three doses from one vial. We call it liquid gold because it is so expensive.

Comment

When I used it, I got two doses out of one vial, one vial per day. I must caution you that Restasis should not be stored in the Fridge.

http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/restasis_pi.pdf
        "Storage: Store RESTASIS® ophthalmic emulsion at 15° to 25° C (59°-77° F)".
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I also use the same vial twice, and was told by more than one doc that it was OK to do so. I was actually pleased to find that my latest tray of Restasis has redesigned vials. They now have the tops that can be re-sealed. The vials look exactly like vials of Refresh Celluvisc that I also use. Now I just put the top back on the vial, set it on my night stand after using, and then use it again in the morning before I throw it out.

Comment

That's what i did today. I put the cap back. I didn't even notice that before the cap could be put back. that must have been redesigned. So, really save some money.

My doc also put me on Azasite. She said Azasite is to open the glands again. Azasite is even more expensive than Restasis. *******. How much money do i have to pay for eyes every day, 20 bucks???!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?$%^&*()

Originally posted by shells View Post
            I also use the same vial twice, and was told by more than one doc that it was OK to do so. I was actually pleased to find that my latest tray of Restasis has redesigned vials. They now have the tops that can be re-sealed. The vials look exactly like vials of Refresh Celluvisc that I also use. Now I just put the top back on the vial, set it on my night stand after using, and then use it again in the morning before I throw it out.

Comment

I have a little blue plastic thing (that says "allergan" on it) that one of the docs gave me. It holds the restasis vials upright.

I get four doses of restasis from each vial (one drop in each eye, twice a day, for two days). So a 30-vial tray lasts me 2 months.

As for the expense...I try not to think about how much I've spent on dry eye treatments. One reason I wanted surgery was so that I did not the expense of multiple pairs of prescription glasses any more. Ha!

Comment

I must caution you that Restasis should not be stored in the Fridge.

http://www.allergan.com/assets/pdf/restasis_pi.pdf
                "Storage: Store RESTASIS® ophthalmic emulsion at 15° to 25° C (59°-77° F)
                That no doubt refers to unopened vials. I have been storing opened vials in the refrigerator (never longer than 24 hours) .

Comment

Originally posted by kurt View Post
                  That no doubt refers to unopened vials. I have been storing opened vials in the refrigerator (never longer than 24 hours) .
                  It has nothing to do with whether or not the vials have been opened. I wrote Allergan some time back about this issue, and posted the response here at DEZ.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/archi...hp?t-1853.html
                  "kitty
                  22-Sep-2006, 15:46
                  This is the response I got from Allergan when I asked why it was recommended that Restasis be stored at room temperature. I asked if refrigeration had any impact on the stability of the product:
                  __________________________________________________ __________
                  Thank you for your interest in ALLERGAN and RESTASIS® (cyclosporine
                  ophthalmic emulsion) 0.05% Sterile, Preservative-Free. RESTASIS®
                  ophthalmic emulsion is indicated to increase tear production in patients
                  whose tear production is presumed to be suppressed due to ocular
                  inflammation associated with keratoconjunctivitis sicca. Increased tear
                  production was not seen in patients currently taking topical
                  anti-inflammatory drugs or using punctal plugs.

You had an inquiry regarding the storage and stability of this product.
                  As stated in the package insert, the product is stable (effective and
                  safe to use) until the expiration date listed on the product container
                  when stored at room temperature between 15º-25ºC (59-77ºF).

All of our products must also pass stability testing at 30ºC (86ºF) for
                  one year and 40ºC (104ºF) for 6 months. Finally, all products must
                  remain stable after 3 freeze-thaw cycles. If a product does not pass all
                  of these specifications, a statement in the package insert will note the
                  specific limitation of that product.

If we can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact
                  us at (800) 433-8871.

Sincerely,

Medical Information Services
                  Medical Affairs
                  Allergan, Inc.
                  Irvine, CA"
                  Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
                  X