This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting experience with Restasis

I forgot my morning Restasis drops Saturday morning and my eyes felt so different (good) that day that I skipped my night time dose too. Again, they felt different the next morning so I skipped that one too. I started to get nervous about it so I did do my dose last night.

I've noticed that while my eyes are still dry, when I wasn't using the Restasis for those 1-2 days, they felt *better*. I don't get stinging or discomfort from Restasis drops, but after this weekend, I feel like my eyes are drier and almost like they're suffocating when I'm using Restasis.

I also wonder if Dwelle and Nutratear are interacting negatively with Restasis (or maybe I'm just having a negative reaction to one of them). My eyes have been itchy many days the past couple of weeks and while I do have environmental allergies, it's winter here and I never have my allergy eyes around this time. I've wondered, too, if perhaps the itching is signifying healing tissue (it's a stretch perhaps...).

Has anyone else experienced any of this?

Hi,

I don't use Restatis so I can't help you there, but I was told not to use any drop that has a preservative in it more often than once every four hours. I'm not sure how much time you leave between your drops.

As for the itching, I get a little of it every now and again, but I have MGD, wouldn't it be nice if it was a sign of healing!

Don't know if this is any help.

Bernadette
    Last edited by bernmee; 17-Nov-2008, 15:21. Reason: More info

Comment

I was told that Restasis is irritating and that is part of the deal with it and to be expected. I am not using it but have done some reading and I wonder if your eyes just feel better with the absence of the irritation. I understand that the irritation does not mean it is not working, but that it takes up to one year to change your condition.

Also, I was told not to use anything with a preservative more than 3 times a day and that that is really on the edge and to try to use it less than that.

I am fortunate in that my eye condition has been managed to such a point that what used to be severe is mild most of the time thanks to plugs and Synergeyes contacts. I also feel the flaxseed oil and the compresses are very helpful. I also take acidopholus.

Comment

I also know that using eye drops without preservatives is best. Are you referring to the Dwelle and NutraTear that I use? Restasis is preservative free... During the day I use Walgreens' version of Refresh Plus PF along with NutraTear.

Since I've now gotten two comments about preservatives relating to eyedrops carried on this site I'm wondering how safe they really are?

Comment

Working...
        X