This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclosporine .5% - any users?

Hi everyone. I started taking a Cyclosporine compound about two weeks ago - at .5% it's 10x stronger than Restasis. I am wondering if anyone here (particularly post-LASIK) has had any luck with a Cyclo, compound (perhaps .1 or .2%) - and also if anyone is using it WITH doxy. Thanks, as always. Rob

possibly patients of BPEI and of older Wilmer faculty

Before Restasis was approved and in the marketplace, I saw several doctors who mentioned that they had tried custom-compounded cyclosporine drops in the 0.2% and higher concentrations, if I recall correctly. (They did not prescribe this for me, probably because my diagnosis is not heavy on lacrimal gland deficiency.) There was probably a surge of interest in these higher-than-Restasis concentrations of cyclosporine shortly after the canine/veterinary Optimmune (0.2% cyclosporine) product came to market, well over 10 years ago.

If there are any patients here who were seen at Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute some time ago, and/or who were seen some time ago by doctors at the Hopkins Wilmer Eye institute, they may have had opportunities to try topical cyclosporine at the higher doses that interest you.
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

Working...
    X