Started Restasis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Restasis

Hi Everyone its the stringy mucus D in Idaho lol, yeah I have to laugh at myself or I might go bonkers I just started Restasis and I have no burning and it feels quite nice I am hoping that I get more tear production and less strings. My STUPID eye doctor here in town hadn't seen me for a year and wanted to see me so I go in, he freakin gives me eye drops called naverac a non-steriod eye drop for patients who just had cataract surgery He said to quit using the Restasis and that he can't help me because he doesn't know what is wrong with me, blah,blah,blah. This eye drop is for pain, I really don't have eye pain nor do I have cataracts yet thank god to that. So I thought this is ridiculous and I am usuing my Restasis, so far I had quit using it because of what he told me then researching on-line about the whole cataract thing I thought this is B.S!!!
    I just put those drops away and now Im using Restasis, I am also using Refresh Tears I like them a lot, they have no preservatives and it feels cool and soothing when I am put them in my eyes, better than any other drop I have tried. I will keep everyone posted on how the Restasis goes. You all have a Happy Turkey Day. Ciao D

Hi Delilah,

Glad to hear you got on Restasis and best of luck to you with that. I have been using it for almost 2 years now. It took a long time to get it into my system (a year or more I'll bet) but that seems to be me and not the norm from what I understand. Be patient and Happy Thanksgiving to you also.
    Jeff

Comment

Thank you Jeff

Jeff thank you for your support. The Restasis isn't helping yet, although I am willing to try anything for as long as it takes to get rid of this horrible eye disorder that I suddenly developed There isn't a day that goes by that I am not "totally consumed" with my eyes. It is a very hard thing to deal with and I was also wondering if you experienced the strings and mucus in your eyes? Happy holidays. Ciao Delilah

Comment

Hey Delilah,
        Sorry for the delayed response, Holiday weekend and then a computer glitch.
        No I have not had any strings or mucous problems at all. Just the common dryspots that cause blurry vision and floaters coming in and out of my line of sight. Presently my "cocktail" of choice is Restasis twice daily AM and PM,
        Bio-tears (probably a year or so by now) you start out by taking two in the morning and two in the evening. After 6 months you cut down to one in AM and one in PM the same for Flax seed oil (1000 mg). It is an improvment but not like the O.E.M. moisture I came from the factory with. The Bio-tears took longer to "kick In" than what they said also (if in fact they are responsible for anything as I cannot prove what works and what does not). I just know things have improved and will keep taking my current concoction till something better comes along. Take care,
        Jeff

Comment

Hi Delilah,

Just saw this thread, and I was wondering if you are having any luck with the Restasis yet? I just started it a few weeks before you. My dryness is from my lasik surgery this past June. My doc told me that it could take a few months to see results at all, so I'm trying to stay patient. Pretty sure it is not working for me yet though . I hope you are getting some relief!

Michelle

Comment

Restasis

Just started the restasis about a month ago. Dr. said that it takes 3 months for it to be effective. Is that what you have found?

Comment

No relief

Hi Michelle, well thanks for the response, I have been on Restasis for about 1 month now and its doing nothing. I guess I will just keep using it? Im pretty depressed because nothing is stopping the severe dry eye mainly in the morning and then the stringy mucus things are coming out of my eyes all day and night when I am awake. Im so sick of this, next year will be 3 years that I have been suffereing and no relief!!! Well all we can do is keep on going right. Have a Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year. Ciao D

Comment

Delilah, definately don't give up with the Restasis! I have been using Restasis for over a year, and probably didn't start noticing an improvement till about seven months after using it twice a day, two drops in each eye morning and night. I definately still haven't seen a 100% recovery, but I'm hoping that the more I use it, the more it will continue to help. I know, it's soooo frustrating to deal w/ dry eye every single day and waking up to the same pain all over again, but hang in there! I'll pray that things get better for you and good luck!
                -Amy

Comment

Does restasis help with meibomian gland dysfunction?

Comment

That is not what it is for. Of course the tear system is complex and improving one part can presumably have a positive effect on other parts in some cases. However, if you have meibomian gland dysfunction you really should treat that separately, with warm compresses, Omega 3/6 supplements, oral antibiotics etc.
                    Rebecca Petris
                    The Dry Eye Foundation
                    dryeyefoundation.org
                    800-484-0244

Comment

Sorry to go off topic - if you are using omega 3/6, oral antibiotics for MGD etc, how long should you be taking these for before you evaluate how they are working? Are we talking months?

Comment

Working...
                      X