Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should lotemax be working by now?

Hi all:

I'm on day 5 of Restasis / lotemax 4x per day combo. My eyes are still red, sore, irritated and dry. I realized Restasis will take a while to work (hopefully) but shouldn't the Lotemax be kicking in by now? I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of the 15% who get a red eyed reaction to Lotemax. Also I've noticed that applying an icy washcloth (ice in plastic baggy covered with wet washcloth) soothes my eyes - it seems to do more for me than the warm washcloth/rice baggy application. Do you think this will be ok to do long term?

i think you should wait some other days....anyway it also depends from how much red your eyes are and for how long the inflammation was there...anyway wait a bit it should work !

p.s. how many weeks are you gonna use lotemax 4x?

Comment

Restasis can be so irritating, you might talk to your doc about using Lotemax for a couple of weeks BEFORE starting Restasis. It almost sounds like the Lotemax is treating the Restasis irritation but both the pre-inflammation and the irritation caused by Restasis may be too much for Lotemax to handle? Just some thoughts based on my own experience. You also have to be careful with the Lotemax because it does contain a preservative. Used alone, Lotemax gave me relief in 2-3 days.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
      X