Vigamox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vigamox

My MD is out of town, so I thought I would ask if anyone here had experience with this drug. Started Vigamox eye drops 3 x day Wednesday and by the 3rd drop, my bacterial conjugivitis was cleared up. My eye looks great today, with no redness. However, I do have some mild eye pain around the eye. Woke up last night and could not open my eye without eye drops because it was so dry. I don't know if I should continue the drop or not. I know eye pain is a side effect, but I don't know if it something that you stop taking it for.
    I know this drug is a quinolone and in the past when I took oral Levaquin I develop tendonitis which resolved after several weeks of stopping the drug. This side effect is associated with oral and IV quinolones, not the opthalmic version. I've search and have not found any kind of ocular tendonitis.
    I've been doing more vigorous eye scrubbs due to the crusting of the infection so I thougth that could cause the soreness. I would stop the drug except for the fact that the eye itself looks great and I have no vision changes.
    Any experience

Nitey----do a search of Vigamox and you'll get multiple threads with this stuff mentioned. You'll have to look through the threads a bit, but the word shows up in red.

I knew I'd heard this word before. Happy Hunting. Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
    X