Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any one useing azsite on the lid margin for a long term?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any one useing azsite on the lid margin for a long term?

Hi all, this is my first post.I am 33, I have severe DED and BELph for a year and half. I have 2 plugs on the bottom, I do lid scrub with ocusoft, warm compresses,refresh gels, fish oil, flaxseed oil, doxy 100 mg. recently my doctor told me that I need to apply azsite on the inside lidmargin two times a day for at least a year. I have tried it and it made my worse eye beter. I like to know if any one is doing this for long term non stop. please let me know because I am worried of the BAK. I am in a very dark place right know as I do not know what else to do. I can not use any steroid or restaises on my eyes because of history herpes viral infection. Any advice would be helpful, thanks.

I love my azasite. I've only used it a couple of weeks at a time, but it does the job every time I use it. I'd try it for a month or two and just see if it works before you start worrying.

Comment

Originally posted by Chevy Nick View Post
      I love my azasite. I've only used it a couple of weeks at a time, but it does the job every time I use it. I'd try it for a month or two and just see if it works before you start worrying.
      thanks for replying to me. I used it for 2 monthes and it made the burning better in my worse eye. I am afraid to stop it and all thoes burning to come back. How do u use it? Did it help with any burning for u? thanks.

Comment

I used Azasite for 3 months with no problems. If your doctor recommended to use it for 1 year then I would follow his/her advice. I think there is always some anxiety for us when we know we will have to stop using a product that is helping. I know I always worry about this too. When I stopped using Azasite after 3 months I was worried too, but the positive results I got from using it continued even after I stopped using it.

Comment

How do you apply it to the inside lid margin? The couple of times that I've tried it I could barely get it out of the vial, much less get it exactly where I wanted it to go. Do you put a drop on your finger first and then rub it in?

Comment

Originally posted by dnc79 View Post
            How do you apply it to the inside lid margin? The couple of times that I've tried it I could barely get it out of the vial, much less get it exactly where I wanted it to go. Do you put a drop on your finger first and then rub it in?
            Hi, my doc told me first clean the inside of the lid margin with the ocusoft pads and then put one drop on ur finger for both eyes. You rub it with ur fingers inside the lid margin, top and bottom. I have to say, this is such a hard thing to do for me and sometimes I haved pocked myself. I had a lot of burning in my worst eye but it is much better. the doc said to do this twice a day with the warm compress. I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by bp77 View Post
              Hi, my doc told me first clean the inside of the lid margin with the ocusoft pads and then put one drop on ur finger for both eyes. You rub it with ur fingers inside the lid margin, top and bottom. I have to say, this is such a hard thing to do for me and sometimes I haved pocked myself. I had a lot of burning in my worst eye but it is much better. the doc said to do this twice a day with the warm compress. I hope this is helpful.
              Thanks, that is helpful. I am getting more Azasite this week and will probably try this method. A little uneasy about the ocusoft pads though because they burn and irritate my lids like none other!

Comment

Well for me I used this med for the 2 weeks I think which was the most suggested? Anyhow the eye doctor I saw and then I had other opinions after said this stays in your system for many months after use so if you use it more in that frame it won't do anything more. I am not sure if this is true or not just what I was told. Ask and I have tried a few eye drop meds so could be getting it confused but some I kept in the fridge which lessened the burn impact on the eyes.
                I am sorry you are in a bad place. When I was first dealing with this 3 years ago I went to 40 apts I would say in 6 months with multiple different eye doctors. My blepheritis and dry eye was out of control. I was trying so many different things yet one doctor said I was one of the worst he had seen in someone my age. Like you tried plugs,anti biotics,have my eyes drained I could go on. Then I stopped going to so many eye doctors and let my eyes rest. Now I am still in 24/7 pain but not to the crying point I was in. Not to say this is what you should do. Just sharing my experience. Sometimes for my body anyhow doing too much inflames things rather then settles. I even have cut down on preservative free drops,scrubs,etc. I hope you get some relief and feel better

Comment

Originally posted by GinaJ View Post
                  Well for me I used this med for the 2 weeks I think which was the most suggested? Anyhow the eye doctor I saw and then I had other opinions after said this stays in your system for many months after use so if you use it more in that frame it won't do anything more. I am not sure if this is true or not just what I was told. Ask and I have tried a few eye drop meds so could be getting it confused but some I kept in the fridge which lessened the burn impact on the eyes.
                  I am sorry you are in a bad place. When I was first dealing with this 3 years ago I went to 40 apts I would say in 6 months with multiple different eye doctors. My blepheritis and dry eye was out of control. I was trying so many different things yet one doctor said I was one of the worst he had seen in someone my age. Like you tried plugs,anti biotics,have my eyes drained I could go on. Then I stopped going to so many eye doctors and let my eyes rest. Now I am still in 24/7 pain but not to the crying point I was in. Not to say this is what you should do. Just sharing my experience. Sometimes for my body anyhow doing too much inflames things rather then settles. I even have cut down on preservative free drops,scrubs,etc. I hope you get some relief and feel better
                  thanks for ur post. how old u were when this started? mine started when i turned 32. what was the cause for u?

Comment

Hi no problem. I was 29 and the cause is unknown and I am diagnosticly tested out. I have been to doctors in many states,specialties,places like Cleveland Clinic and still the why is unknown. I have peripheral neuropathy and rsd in my legs which also may be contributing to the pain in my eyes but not the dry issue I don't think other then my immune system is bad. I hope you feel better

Comment

Originally posted by GinaJ View Post
                      Hi no problem. I was 29 and the cause is unknown and I am diagnosticly tested out. I have been to doctors in many states,specialties,places like Cleveland Clinic and still the why is unknown. I have peripheral neuropathy and rsd in my legs which also may be contributing to the pain in my eyes but not the dry issue I don't think other then my immune system is bad. I hope you feel better
                      I want to ask u how do u live with this? I have no life anymore as I am in pain or burning.my lids are swellen and I can not wear contacts or my eye mack up. I used to go out with my friends to lunches or shopping, now i have to take care of my eyes all the time. I can not spend time with my kids, I can not even be a mom for them. R u able to work or go out? thanks.

Comment

Well it is hard. I have my legs pain which is so painful I have a hard time walking and then my eyes which cause severe pain so to distract is a battle. As my pain doctor says on the better days to do the most I can and on the bad do the best I can. I went to a pain clinic and part of the program was to learn to do things with your limits and pain to have a better quality of life. Also of course to continue to find relief through treatments or meds. I can relate to the isolation of this condition and not doing things with others but sometimes it is good to push yourself out to lunch or even just for coffee. I have not worked in over 4 years. I hope one day to be able to but till then I try to take a day at a time. Some days it is impossible to do things but on others taking small steps to increase what you can.
                        Like I said before everyone is different with this condition but I will say for myself the more I did to my eyes the worse I became. THe more meds,poking,plugs,etc the doctors did the more my eyes hurt instead of settling down. Again I am not saying this is you but just some thoughts. I know for myself with my legs and eyes when I can't find what is working for relief I look at what is not and try to change that.
                        Feel better and take care

Comment

Working...
                        X